San Kampeang Hotspring (resort ?)

LivinLOS

I was told by a friend of mine that past San Kampeang out near the hotspring.. Theres a resort or spa where you can go for the day, get a room with a hot tub inside, relax in private, get a massage, order room service food, etc etc..

This sounds like a nice way to relax on one of the colder days, doubly so if the resort / spa had a sauna also..

That friend has left town and lost contact and I am trying to find out which location she meant. Theres a few resorts around there and it is I am guessing not the public access to the hotspring (went there and boiled some eggs years back.. seemed nothing like she mentioned with private rooms)..

Anyone know about the resorts out there ?? Not looking to overnight just use the day spa type facilities for a romantic afternoon.. Private room being part of that..

Thanks but I know where the area is, Its just theres multiple resorts, I am looking to see if all offer the same facilities.. One more romantic or better equipped than another..

I noticed a larger better looking one on a ride through there.. Unsure on name..

Google maps has one around a lake called Onsen healthspa and resort.. Further down theres one called Roon Arong ??

Does anyone know if either have saunas, on site massage, little things like providing nice quality towels and robes... Ability to room service Thai food..

Thai 20bht, foreigner 100bht to enter resort.

40bht for swimming pool

Don't know about prices for private rooms with bed and spa bath.

Think you can rent by the hour.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1450344-d1807424-Reviews-San_Kamphaeng_Hot_Springs-Mae_On.html

http://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/20499_info_san-kamphaeng-hot-spring.html

Edited by BritManToo

Maybe he wants a soapy massage in addition to the spa.

Well if its nice surrounds, I can see a pleasant relaxing afternoon in a bath with a special someone.. Bit of pampering etc..

So far it seems like the only way I am going to know is to go out to each resort and check the facilities..

Follow the road to the standard hot springs, don't turn right into them, continue along the road and it bends around. There's a resort on the right. Roon Aroong.

Thats one I was told was nice in a conversation offline since posting.. Also was told the private rooms at the actual hotspring are not bad, 300b for an hour though, and not perhaps romantic setup but not unclean also..

Really I am looking for more hotspring / spa setup with add ons.. Food brought to the room, on site massage for her.. etc..

A beach would be nice, too ! rolleyes.gif

I vaguely recall once watching a film, about how a Japanese coal-mining town used their hot-water-spring, to develop a Hawaian-style thermal-resort, complete with dancing-girls in grass-skirts ?

Edited by Ricardo

A beach would be nice, too ! rolleyes.gif

Unsure on why that seems a big request.. Isnt that what most hot spring resorts offer ??

The one in Pai is very much like that.. Great rooms over looking the river, private baths, room service on site..

The room was about 4k a day but exactly that kind of script..