Best hospital for natural birth in Chiang Rai

debbie120

Hello, everyone

I'm expecting a baby next year. I'm living in Chiang Rai.

I want to have a natural birth.

Has anyone had a good natural birth experience in Chiang Rai ?

Any recommended hospital/clinic/doctor for natural birth in Chiang Rai?

Thank you!smile.png

If you're British, baby will get restricted British citizenship by being born in Thailand.

Sorry, can't help you with hospital info.

Can't imagine you will have much choice in CR.

How would her child have restricted citizenship?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Debbie,

My name is Keda, I am in pretty much the same situation as you ;) I'm 5 months along now and trying to get info out of CR hospital, apparently they don't come across "active births" often but they haven't told me I can't have a natural birth there so far.

Anyway, I would love to meet up and share experiences if you are interested, it would be nice to meet someone going through the same thing here in Chiang Rai...

Best,

Keda

• 4 weeks later...

I'm living in Chiang Rai as well- about to give birth in a few weeks. Chiang Rai Hospital has an active birth program. When you are about 8 months you can enter the program and take a class that is 4 weeks, about 2 hours per week. You and your partner or birth assistant need to complete the course together. In the labor and delivery there is an active birth room which has couch, bed, cushions, birth ball etc and is only for those in the active birth program. They seem very open to natural birth there and I've been happy with things so far. They are fine with no episiotomy, birthing in the position you want, father cutting cord, only breast feeding etc.

The only thing is that you may need a good level of Thai to join the program? They are certainly open to foreigners joining but the course is in Thai. There are 5 couples in our group, all Thai except me.

It doesn't seem that other CR hospitals are really set up for active birth though you could certainly have a natural birth elsewhere- they might just not be open to your individual birth plan.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.