Phuket mayor slams 'frightening' police raid on brother's home

webfact

Perhaps if this family were not beyond any 'naughty' going on's then the police would have more respect for them. But the old aussie saying is................Fly with the Crows, you get shot with the Crows. whistling.gif

or how about.........."lie down with dogs and wake up with fleas".

what about

"pot calling the kettle black"?

• Like 1

Police state in the making.

Like imagine, someone being brave enough to make a satirical political comment in the form of a cartoon. Then the government of the day using a justice department that is supposed to investigate serious issues, but really does whatever the government want, to threaten, intimidate, charge and push for prosecution of the said cartoonist. Or how about threatening people with criminal prosecution for just "liking" a comment on social media that criticized the government.

Imagine how awful - that would be a real police state. Couldn't happen............................ wait a minute................... didn't ...................

Sure the Police acted stupidly...

BUT... Relaying messages to the neighbor to tell the Police to wait... What did she expect would happen? The police take a seat while she got off her lazy ass to answer them?

Didn't you read the post? She wasn't there and would be there ASAP. She was "getting off her lazy ass" to be there as soon as possible, arriving from a different location.

Geddit now?

• Like 1

I doubt this is about a cheque. Something else is in play here.

This is the definition of an understatement.

If only there were a device like the telephone in your office, but that you could take with you to be contacted at important times when you are needed.

Then if you needed to speak to someone you could just call them and say.

"Where are you now, I need to speak to you?"

Genius 1% Inspiration- thats the 1%

The fools couldn't get through the iron gate on the door. I love it.

You would be surprised how well fortified the homes of some wealthy Thais homes can be.

Back in my younger days, I used to teach at the home of one famous family in Bangkok and the gate was so heavy I could just barely roll it back to let myself in...

• Like 1

Srisoonthorn Mayor Worawut Songyos, accompanied by more than 200 residents

why does he need or have the power to get 200 residents to support him over a "family" matter .......very strange

"Family"? aha the plot thickens

Well if they did this and didn't have a warrant then I wouldn't let them in either.

The good thing is that there seems to be more people standing up for their rights and to the police, regardless of the reasons I think this is a good thing. They have got away with too much for to long any in way into stifling their corruption and (perceived) power is welcome in my book.....

just another case of the police not knowing or Following the law....is there any hope for this place when these fools are acting like this over a Cheque?

Well of course the law does not apply to them, and since they hardly enforce it then easier to make a guess at it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Main question is about value or how much worth was bounced check .....
I think this is the key of whole matter..

The real question is, WHO it was bounced on.

• Like 2

She did not hear them ?,20 police officers .She needs her ears seen to .There is far more to it than a bounced cheque i bet .

Even if i heard them, i would not have let them in.

Woman alone with a child. 20 cops with guns. Not on your life should she let them in.[/quoteñ]

You think you would have a choice ?

Perhaps if this family were not beyond any 'naughty' going on's then the police would have more respect for them. But the old aussie saying is................Fly with the Crows, you get shot with the Crows. whistling.gif

Did it ever occur to you that it may be the concerted efforts of the mayor. ''Now i do not know the history of this family'' but when you mention ''naughty'' goings on and the police are involved, one would automatically assume it is because someone is hindering the naughty goings on who tend to be victimized.

• Like 1

Sure the Police acted stupidly...

BUT... Relaying messages to the neighbor to tell the Police to wait... What did she expect would happen? The police take a seat while she got off her lazy ass to answer them?

Why do you have agoraphobia and don't leave the house? Get that Chequed out before it bounces on you.

just another case of the police not knowing or Following the law....is there any hope for this place when these fools are acting like this over a Cheque?

Many people write cheques left and right, and when the cheque bounces they simply ignore calls to cover the cheque. The police does not just issue an arrest warrant for this, they will first try to contact the account owner, but if he/she repeatedly ignores the polices request to cover the cheque, then they will eventually issue an arrest warrant, which is completely reasonable imo.

The real question is, why did they not just cover the cheque in the first place, and thereby avoid all this?

• Like 1

I am not sure which law you claim they are not following, but as far as cheques are concerned, a bounced cheque is a criminal offence in Thailand, and an arrest warrant will eventually be issued - and enforced.