Roadside Assistance Business in Pattaya

ruds

What do you think of a local Roadside Assistance Business in Pattaya? I know there are lots of nationwide ones but all they can do is jump start and change a tire, this one would be stocked to repair most faults at the roadside or tow to a local garage. The nationwide ones take well over an hour to respond normally too and if just Pattaya and surrounding areas the response time would be better

post-36539-0-50130300-1418031543_thumb.j

In and around Pattaya you are never more than a few minutes away from a fully equipped garage/workshop or even a main dealership. So, IMHO, no real need for a roadside assistance service.

Sorry to be negative.

AIA Auto insurance provides free road assistance with policy.

"What do you think of a local Roadside Assistance Business in Pattaya?"... to put it bluntly, brake down it thailand and everybody makes it there business to help especially if the is a few bahts going.

"The nationwide ones take well over an hour to respond normally too and if just Pattaya and surrounding areas the response time would be better"... and you think you could respond any quicker, given the the general traffic chaos it could take more than an hour to get from one side of Pattaya to the other.

• Like 1

l

In and around Pattaya you are never more than a few minutes away from a fully equipped garage/workshop or even a main dealership. So, IMHO, no real need for a roadside assistance service.

Sorry to be negative.

Does that include the Dark Side, Pong, Huay Yai etc?

I live in Pong and would welcome a local call out service

I think your statement might be a tad too general

Edited by Robroona

The OP does ask about a potential "business' and not just a 'service'. Would it be useful for residents to have it available? yes! Would it provide him with a 'living' - not quite so sure for reasons stated above. I very rarely notice cars broken down in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Don't most 1st class insurance policies include road-side breakdown assistance? Mine does. Also my vehicle is covered by the manufacturer for road-side assistance for the first three years. I suppose other brands do the same.

As I'm retired I dont care if it takes them an hour to get to me.

Offering a mobile repair, maintenance and general check-up service would be a good idea I reckon, provided you are a qualified mechanic. I personally would be happy to pay for someone to come to my house and explain to me in English what is causing that faint knocking noise I hear coming from the engine, and the best way to fix it... or to give my car a general check-up before my wife embarks on that journey to visit her relatives in Phrae... or to come and change the oil, the oil filter, the air filter and the fan belt because it's just so much more convenient than booking a time at the local Honda place... or to be able to advise on and/or arrange a local bodywork shop to remove that ding next to the wheel arch...

You would only need to market to foreigners. You would need an English speaker (probably you) receiving calls. You would need Thai staff to undertake all work, but under your supervision. You would need to be no more than 30% more expensive than your local Thai repair shop would charge. You would need to implement (and have the budget for) a marketing campaign when you launch.

If you think you can satisfy these criteria and still make money then I think you have the potential for a successful business.

• Like 1