Prayut: Graft busters 'need protection'

webfact

His now famous answers to the journalist who inquired about the details of his father's 600 Million land sale, are an indication of how serious he is about protection of graft busters.

All the details on the sale have been published.
Yes, Anthony5, please tell us what is dodgy or covert about that deal, will you?

Oh, right, when you are actually called upon to explain yourself, in essence, backing up your insinuations, you waffle and quickly bail. As usual.

The land was in the family for decades, as was explained previously. It was recently sold at a very good price. What issue do you have with this?

(*crickets*)

Edited by DaffyDuck
  • Like 1

His now famous answers to the journalist who inquired about the details of his father's 600 Million land sale, are an indication of how serious he is about protection of graft busters.

Yes, Anthony5, please tell us what is dodgy or covert about that deal, will you?

Oh, right, when you are actually called upon to explain yourself, in essence, backing up your insinuations, you waffle and quickly bail. As usual.

The land was in the family for decades, as was explained previously. It was recently sold at a very good price. What issue do you have with this?

(*crickets*)

Refer to post #29

I feel you try to divert from the real issue, once again, same as in the thread where you were the only one trying to defend the issue by talking around the subject.

I don't have any specific question, people who have access to much more information than me regarding the sale have questions. Why is that if all information is available?

He doesn't know or doesn't remember? If all details were readily available, then by now he would have had the time to just look them up at the same sources that are readily available to everybody, don't you think?

Over and out.

How am I trying to divert the issue? The issue was raised about the land sale and I am asking "What about it?"

The land has been in the family for decades. It was sold 18 months ago for a price that appears to be a fair value. So, what about the land deal? You're the one with the issue about it. What is your problem?

When Prayut did not declare his assets he was deemed undemocratic and non transparent and a bad example to the people.

When Prayut DID declare his assets he was deemed undemocratic and non transparent and a bad example to the people.

He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't by some. They argue for the sake of arguing. They detest that Thailand's corruption perception index is improving. (Junta cannot control this index so it is denounced by some) They detest that the Junta are doing a good job. They detest that his constant dialogue is fighting corruption when the previous regimes actions were constant grenades lobbed over the wall of the NACC by their supporters. (not one person arrested for this either)

Of course the people that have ALL the information is the anti graft commission he declared it too and they have no questions.

BUT then PTP logic dictates that the anti graft commission are in on the conspiracy as that sits in well with their agenda. If the journalists stated there was no hint of corruption they too would be in on the conspiracy.

PTP logic right there folks!

Do you have some secret PTP logic-lexicon dj?

Or do you just write it yourself, so it will suite your own agenda?

Whybother, you were asked for a link to the Chan-Ocha-land deal, as it was all public information according to yourself, and then provided a link to a news-paper article(!?), and after that you have only been trying to change the topic. Not cool.

Do you have some secret PTP logic-lexicon dj?

Or do you just write it yourself, so it will suite your own agenda?

Whybother, you were asked for a link to the Chan-Ocha-land deal, as it was all public information according to yourself, and then provided a link to a news-paper article(!?), and after that you have only been trying to change the topic. Not cool.

I said the details had been published. The newspaper published them and also referred to a Thai language newspaper with the details.

Where have I tried to change the topic? People have asked "What about the land deal?" And I have asked "What about it?"

A hot headed General refused to answer questions on something where the information is already available. That's all the story is unless someone can point out what information isn't available.

(*crickets*)

Refer to post #29

How is it going to impact your life one way or the other?

The best way to deal with corruption to make it an offence for any govt official to be in possession of assets that he can't explain in relation to his legitimate taxed earnings and inheritances. Many countries have laws like this.

With these laws there is no need for evidence of graft or protection of graft busters. It's quite simple. If you are serious of graft busting go ahead and pass those laws.

Anything else is just hot air.

The law should be crystal clear and harsh...

1. Confiscation of all assets

2. 12 strokes of the cane

3. Minimum 5 years

Unfortunately it's hard for the corrupt to point the finger at the corrupt.

Refer to post #29

How is it going to impact your life one way or the other?

And another one with reading difficulties.

Your consistent avoidance of direct and straight-forward questions is noted.

Really, didn't I make it pretty clear in post #29 that it not gonne have any impact on my life in any way, since I'm not the one who asked the questions to Prayuth?

Should I also ask what impact any topic you discuss in this forum will have on your life? None of the topics in the news forum gone have any impact on my or your life, because we are foreigners and not in the least concerned about Thai politics, and we simply discuss events that happen among Thai people in Thailand.

But it seems that if a question doesn't float your apologist boat, you feel the need to ridicule the poster who simply joins a going discussion, but doesn't agree with your opinion.

Pretty low life behavior.

Link ?

It's interesting that you're asking for a link, given you were heavily involved in the thread discussing him "blowing his top" about questions. Selective memory?

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

So to proof that all details on the sale have been prublished, you provide a link that starts with the words:

Thailand’s military leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has refused to elaborate on the 600 million baht land sale he made to a private company last year.

And continues with the statements :

Gen. Prayuth, who is still serving as the chairman of the junta’s National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), was similarly dismissive when asked about his investments last week.

“I don’t know. I don’t remember,” Gen. Prayuth said on 1 November. “I am not a businessman. Please don’t ask me about this.”

When it emerged that his brother, Lt.Gen. Preecha Chan-ocha, who is serving as a member of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA), “accidentally” included official army bank accounts in his personal assets last month, Gen. Prayuth defended his brother and warned that the media may face possible repercussions if Lt.Gen. Preecha is proven to be innocent.

Is that your apologist nature playing up again ?

You forgot to quote something:

“The land has belonged to me since I was a kid, it belonged to my father. So what’s the problem?” ” Gen. Prayuth said. “

Edited by Nickymaster

Link ?

It's interesting that you're asking for a link, given you were heavily involved in the thread discussing him "blowing his top" about questions. Selective memory?

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/prayuth-on-defensive-over-familys-600-million-baht-property-sale.html

So to proof that all details on the sale have been prublished, you provide a link that starts with the words:

Thailand’s military leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has refused to elaborate on the 600 million baht land sale he made to a private company last year.

Gen. Prayuth, who is still serving as the chairman of the junta’s National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), was similarly dismissive when asked about his investments last week.

“I don’t know. I don’t remember,” Gen. Prayuth said on 1 November. “I am not a businessman. Please don’t ask me about this.”

When it emerged that his brother, Lt.Gen. Preecha Chan-ocha, who is serving as a member of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA), “accidentally” included official army bank accounts in his personal assets last month, Gen. Prayuth defended his brother and warned that the media may face possible repercussions if Lt.Gen. Preecha is proven to be innocent.

“The land has belonged to me since I was a kid, it belonged to my father. So what’s the problem?” ” Gen. Prayuth said. “

And because he said that it should be considered that all information has been made available there by and the case should be closed?

Strange that they didn't close the case when Thaksin said he wasn't involved in the land deal his ex wife did.

And because he said that it should be considered that all information has been made available there by and the case should be closed?

Strange that they didn't close the case when Thaksin said he wasn't involved in the land deal his ex wife did.

Prayuth didn't say that the case should be closed. He just said stop asking me questions.

Thaksin WAS involved in the land deal. She was his wife and he was PM. That made the deal illegal.

Prayuth didn't say that the case should be closed. He just said stop asking me questions.

Thaksin WAS involved in the land deal. She was his wife and he was PM. That made the deal illegal.

He didn't say the case should be closed, he only said stop asking questions. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You ever solicited for stand up comedian?

He didn't say the case should be closed, he only said stop asking questions. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"stop asking HIM questions"

If the information is there, why do the reporters need to ask him?

"stop asking HIM questions"

Who should they ask? You, me, my grandma?

How about the land department. Or the reporters from a couple of newspapers that published the information.

So you suggest that reporters should ask reporters facepalm.gif My guess is that the reporters who published the story published already what they know, and the reporter in question was one of them.

Little bit more valid is you suggestion to ask the land department, wasn't it that they don't want to end up in a military camp for one or another reason, so the chance that they will elaborate is small.

Maybe the reporter in question found that out already, hence he asked the question at Prayuth.

Edited by Anthony5

How about the land department. Or the reporters from a couple of newspapers that published the information.

So you suggest that reporters should ask reporters facepalm.gif

Little bit more valid is you suggestion to ask the land department, wasn't it that they don't want to end up in a military camp for one or another reason, so the chance that they will elaborate is small.

Maybe the reporter in question found that out already, hence he asked the question at Prayuth.

The information is there. It's not a secret. Yes, he handled it badly. But what is the issue that you have with the deal?

So you suggest that reporters should ask reporters facepalm.gif

The information is there. It's not a secret. Yes, he handled it badly. But what is the issue that you have with the deal?

As I have posted it a few times already, but reading doesn't seem to be you hobby. I spell it out for you one more time in clear script.

Really, didn't I make it pretty clear in post #29 that it not gonne have any impact on my life in any way, since I'm not the one who asked the questions to Prayuth?

Should I also ask what impact any topic you discuss in this forum will have on your life? None of the topics in the news forum gone have any impact on my or your life, because we are foreigners and not in the least concerned about Thai politics, and we simply discuss events that happen among Thai people in Thailand.

Link ?

Not a very convincing comparison.

Link ?

Not a very convincing comparison.

Like in different rules for different people?

How can he say all this and keep a straight face?! The military is the most corrupt institution in the land. If people only knew how rich these generals are you would be truly shocked. ALL of it the proceeds of corruption protected by "those upstairs".

What information do you have on individual military officers' wealth and the sources of that wealth. Where did you get that information and how has it been verified that it was all the proceeds of corruption?

All your statements appear political rhetoric aimed at the opponents of the very corrupt Shin clan you love to praise. Nothing more, unless you'd like to provide all the details for us.

You're new to society and planet earth in general, right, to not understand how the press works, and why they ask questions?

I thought there was an age limit of 13 years to participate in this forum?