Swimming Pool Lights

Robroona

One of my pool's underwater lights has come away from the tiled wall. Screws have corroded through. I had intended changing the lights for LEDs but how to fix them held me back. How to drill holes underwater has me stumped, and draining the pool is quite an undertaking. Now, it seems, I have no choice but to get this work done.

Does anyone know of a company which could do this sort of work, say with an air drill and compressor?

Or will I have to drain the pool?

Thanks in advance

There are a couple different mounting styles. Unless you replace it the exact same type, you'll have to drain the pool to just below the light, and make modifications to the mounting area. Which could involve replacing some tiles.

I was fortunate in my case in that I only needed to replace the mounting screws.

You didn't mention the area your pool is located. I would imagine the contractor who built or services your pool could make the necessary repairs.

There are a couple different mounting styles. Unless you replace it the exact same type, you'll have to drain the pool to just below the light, and make modifications to the mounting area. Which could involve replacing some tiles.

I was fortunate in my case in that I only needed to replace the mounting screws.

You didn't mention the area your pool is located. I would imagine the contractor who built or services your pool could make the necessary repairs.

I am in Pong. Dunno who originally built the pool and it is serviced by a local lad who does most of the pools around here. But this is beyond him.

As BB1950 said, you'll only have to drain the pool to the level of the lights. There are 2 pool builders next to each other on Sukhumvit where you turn to Pattaya from Road #36, and at least 4 on North and Third road.

I assume your lights were halogen and fit inside the wall. Look on Ebay there are LED lights that use the same principle, mean screw into a socket. In that case you only need to install a power supply where your lights get their power.

Remove the old bracket, take to a pool shop and compare with what new fixture you want, many times you can drill new holes in the new bracket so you can mount it.

Observation, never have pool light problems like this unless there are children using the pool, they love to use the pool lights to climb out of the pool!

Remove the old bracket, take to a pool shop and compare with what new fixture you want, many times you can drill new holes in the new bracket so you can mount it.

Observation, never have pool light problems like this unless there are children using the pool, they love to use the pool lights to climb out of the pool!

You sre 100% correct. Even though the fitting is next to the pool steps, a kid managed to get on it and away it came. Having said that, it must have been near the end of its life.

Draining the pool to just below the lights. Screws are broken flush with the tiles. I can't see myself or anyone else using a power drill whilst stood in a half full pool. Maybe a battery drill?

But thanks for the suggestions, fellas