Director defends 'Hitler scene' in Thai govt film

webfact

I still think is was wrong to use the emblem.

Any way My Grand Father was killed in a nazi concentration camp.--- He got pissed one night,and fell of the watch tower.

Thats just to lighten things up a bit.

A KZ and Nazi- Joke! Hilarious! coffee1.gif

So I assume everyone who is so outraged by this and feel that Hitler should never be portrayed outside of a historical documentary did all that you could to prevent The Producers from playing on Broadway and being remade in 2005?

So I assume everyone who is so outraged by this and feel that Hitler should never be portrayed outside of a historical documentary did all that you could to prevent The Producers from playing on Broadway and being remade in 2005?

Who said that?

That was a SATIRE.

It would be silly to produce that show in Thailand considering how atrociously educated Thais are on these issues ... they wouldn't get the satire.

Hmmmmm!!! The use of anything to do with Hitler or the Nazi party is an issue and makes you wonder what makes these Thais think.

The thing is the vast majority of Thais have absolutely no idea who Hitler was and care even less.

Go out on the street find 100 English American German tourists and ask them who led Thailand against the French in the Thai French war and they will reply "What war?

You think I am kidding go ask a dozen Thais on the street who Winston Churchill or General Paton were and they won't have a clue who on earth you are talking about.

Before knocking them too hard as yourselves what do you know about Thai history..........99% of you like me could write it on a ciggy packet.

So don't worry too much a few kids wearing hitler uniforms in a silly parade are not out to start WW3 they leave that sort of thing to people like fanatical Muslims and trigger happy Westerns.

Is it OK to make a video that portrays Nazi chic in a negative light?
Only if it is an in depth analysis of the horrors that nazi Germany and other fascist minded regimes carried out Europe and else where in the world.

Only if it shows the graphic footage of the concentration camps, of the torture cells and killing fields that were created by those who flew this symbol and others like it.

Only if it includes interviews with survivors of these horrors with the best translation available, reflecting not only the words but the tone they are delivered in.

Only if it is an outright condemnation of the stupidity or intolerance of those wearing or using such sick symbols.

Only if it is the sole focus of the film and it is an aspect of a programme to ban and eradicate the use of such symbols.

Then and only then.

Here's one example of someone who was in the only in a documentary brigade. We also had a poster calling Hitler "Too hot to handle"

Surely education comes from being exposed to and discussing things. If the film is shown and discussed by students that will educate people, no? But now it's been removed so people will remain ignorant of who/what Hitler was. Way to go!

• Like 1

Without having seen the movie, but having read the comments from the movie maker - there was no way that anyone was going to learn anything about Hitler from it wink.png

The only thing one would learn is that it's stupid for students to paint pictures of Hitler. Which just coincidentally was the theme of that scene.

Edited by thailiketoo

I speak Thai and live in Thailand. The movie was made by a Thai for Thai people and I think it was a slam against the pop culture that uses Hitler as a fashion statement. Do you think I'm wrong?

Yes, I think you are wrong.

I think it was a thoughtless video made by a thoughtless, poorly educated, and insensitive person.

The fact that no other Thai thought of this, or dared not point this out to the video director, says heaps about Thailand and it's third rate education system.

Is your opinion based on watching the video?

Yes, and I speak Thai, and it was a tasteless pile of pooh.

The director should be stood against a wall and shot by beloved leader for being a fool.

Interesting; your solution resembles the solution someone else often used, whom you are detesting. I think you didn't grasp the satire and overtones.

• Like 1

What are all these people getting their knickers in a knot about?

Hitler adopted a stylized version of the ORIGINAL Swastika in the 1930's. The Swastika had been around long, long before old Adolf took a shine to it. (Perhaps the silly old goat also failed to understand what the sign represented?)

For the benefit of those who love every opportunity to indulge in "Thai Bashing," if they care to overcome their ignorance, they'll discover that the SWASTIKA is considered to be a symbol of auspiciousness by those who follow:

HINDUISM; BUDDHISM and JAINISM!

Do these ignorant folks who constantly bellow about the use of the symbol, expect the above mentioned, to give up their faiths and cultures, simply because Adolf Hitler "pirated" their symbol?

Actually it is you who has their knickers in a twist because the example here is not the symbol being presented in its traditional religious format but rather exactly as used in its Nazi history. Look no further than your contribution for 'these ignorant folks'.

• Like 1

Should blatant holocaust denial and pro Nazi propaganda be tolerated on a forum such as this? Surely there are enough actual Nazi and neo-Nazi web forums for mentally ill haters to deposit their filth? Why here?

Check the forum rules ;) I don't want to comment on modding or I'll get a holiday -- but think along the lines of existence vs implementation -- same as Thai laws ;)

The level of antisemitism among Thais is quite low.

I have become convinced the level among expats in Thailand is quite a bit higher.

Again, this thread is about a Hitler scene in a THAI film.

It's not an invitation to post links to holocaust denial / Neo Nazi hate sites.

I have become convinced the level among expats in Thailand is quite a bit higher.

Semitism is a language. People of semitism includes palestinians and lebanese. The only ones who claim 'anti semite' all the time are neo cons and zionist politicians and bankers. Never see Judaists running around using this term.

Back to the story. It is a depiction, a representation. In art one can be creative, provocative, controversial. That is entertainment.

Semitism is a language. People of semitism includes palestinians and lebanese. The only ones who claim 'anti semite' all the time are neo cons and zionist politicians and bankers. Never see Judaists running around using this term.

Back to the story. It is a depiction, a representation. In art one can be creative, provocative, controversial. That is entertainment.

Please not that silliness again. Antisemitism refers to hatred of Jews only. That is not debatable. That is the DEFINITION.

Next ...

Please not that silliness again. Antisemitism refers to hatred of Jews only. That is not debatable. That is the DEFINITION.

Next ...

A line to play the martyr by zionists to justify their own holocaust of Palestinians, Judaists, and pass bills and justify their own malevolence. Well documented. But not for those who only watch CNN, NBS, ABC, BBC...guess who owns those?

Next ...

A line to play the martyr by zionists to justify their own holocaust of Palestinians, Judaists, and pass bills and justify their own malevolence. Well documented. But not for those who only watch CNN, NBS, ABC, BBC...guess who owns those?

Oh boy, isn't that special, another global Jewish control tin foil hat conspiracy theorist. Does Thailand attract more than it's fair share of that or is it just this forum? There is no "holocaust" of Palestinians. That's typical Israel demonizing rhetoric.

Well, I guess time for a new one for my ignore list. Not interested in engaging with blatant anti-Israel propagandists.

Edited by Jingthing

Next ...

Bought, paid for, and bombed into existence by those loving Rothschilds. Give 'em a kiss or they'll send more mossad trained mercenaries into your homeland!

post-78205-0-80306000-1418714178_thumb.j

Next ...

so much BS

• Like 1

Next ...

You know if there was such a thing as a Jewish conspiracy to which you elude to with your comment "But not for those who only watch CNN, NBS, ABC, BBC...guess who owns those" Then do you really think that Israel would still be having problems with Arabs? do you also think we would let arse holes spout their rabid racist views without retribution. After all we are paranoid to racism always pointing out what we believe to be anti-Semitic. We Jews must be such fools we rule the world but still have racists in our midst! to the gas chambers with you all!