UK pensions-life certificate

On 1/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, Kwasaki said:

With tongue in cheek I have no contact and no problem with my 2 private pensions but they will not pay money abroad only into my UK bank 

Maybe they use an option that IPC should adopt. 

My main concern still is the way IPC just send out at random proof life forms and if they do not notify you they have done that and if it is not received by you as was in my case you only know when your pension is not paid into your Thai bank .

They should also (and I'm including private pensions here), send an email confirming receipt of the 'proof of life' letter.

Otherwise the pension recipient doesn't know until they realise that the pension has not been paid - and, as pointed out by another poster, this could cause major problems for a few.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

They should also (and I'm including private pensions here), send an email confirming receipt of the 'proof of life' letter.

Otherwise the pension recipient doesn't know until they realise that the pension has not been paid - and, as pointed out by another poster, this could cause major problems for a few.

I always send my 'proof of life' recorded delivery. Its very cheap. I think I could check delivery, on line but it not clear to me how. So I go back to the post office about 7-10 days later .. hand her my receipt and ask them to check delivery. They always very cheerfully check in seconds and write on my receipt the date and time of delivery. I then get a warm glow of relief that its sorted .... till I start worrying about .. what if it gets lost in internal mail system.  Ha ha. Im joking .. you know its arrived. What I worry about most is the letter they write to me from the UK not arriving. That happened to me once and they had stopped paying months before. It was quite a fuss ... number busy long time  .. get wrong department etc .. and unhelpful disinterested person there. .. to get payments restarted when they had stopped 3 months before. Now I check my UK bank statement often .. monthly. I only looked before when doing my next money transfer to Thailand every 3 or 4 months.

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Like 1
Just now, PAWNEESE said:

I always send my 'proof of life' recorded delivery. Its very cheap. I think I could check delivery, on line but it not clear to me how. So I go back to the post office about 7-10 days later .. hand her my receipt and ask them to check delivery. They always very cheerfully check in seconds and write on my receipt the date and time of delivery. I then get a warm glow of relief that its sorted .... till I start worrying about .. what if it gets lost in internal mail system.  Ha ha. Im joking .. you know its arrived. What I worry about most is the letter they write to me from the UK not arriving. That happened to me once and they had stopped paying months before. It was quite a fuss ... number busy long time  .. get wrong department etc .. and unhelpful disinterested person there. .. to get payments restarted when they had stopped 3 months before. Now I check my UK bank statement often .. monthly. I only looked before when doing my next money transfer to Thailand every 3 or 4 months.

"I always send my 'proof of life' recorded delivery. Its very cheap."

I always send mine EMS as it's more expensive, but hopefully trackable?

"I think I could check delivery, on line but it not clear to me how."

Same here!  The EMS receipt is faint and mostly in Thai, so I have no idea how to check that it's been received....

Which is why I've sent a letter to one of my pension providers that has stopped paying, enclosing the original EMS slip and a copy of the completed form.

Fingers crossed that it doesn't turn into another 'saga' ????!

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Again you did not read previous posts of mine they do email you back if you ask them. 

• Like 1