What's the funniest thing your spouse has ever said?

Gecko123

During a trip to UK we met up with friends who had returned to live there 2 years earlier. As we wandered around an arboretum in full bloom (May) my friend explained that his wife had been decidedly unimpressed when he had taken her to a similar place several months earlier as there hadn't been a lot to see due to the season....

"Where did you go?" I asked her.

"Kew bushes" was her reply :)

• Like 2

Our 2nd trip to Australia in 2001 we were in a supermarket completing some grocery shopping. I asked TW what she would like for lunch, her immediate reply "Meat in a Cup" unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeCzX6elX ??? I looked around and spotted a Bouquet Bakery she was pointing at displaying Meat Pies. She had taken a liking to them on our 1st trip.

• Like 2

"My sandwich is very itchy"

"Do my booby look like fried egg?"

Hysterical: "No no no....the caterpillar will go in my ear and eat my inside...have big problem."

"Australia is in Europe"

"I bought Mexican jeans from Europe"

Edited by EmptyHead
  • Like 2

Had a friend who wanted to know the Thai words for "rewind button". He was getting a car CD player repaired. I didn't know the actual word but guessed it would be based around the Thai word for button, being bpoom.

I found it, and pointed out to my friend that the very next word in the phone app was the Thai word for clitoris.

Missus overheard and says "Mmmm.....I like liquorice".

My hip joints were a bit painful the other day. My wife said that she knew why that was so.

I asked her to tell me and she said, " Well you exercise with dumbbells. That makes your hips painful. I don't exercise with dumbbells and my hips don't hurt me."

Not the Mrs but a FWB when I was single once commented on the fact I had a lot of women around.

"Ah but you don't get to be an expert in food if you eat in the same restaurant every night" I Said.

She replied "Darling, if you eat that way you are bound to get food poisoning!"

That always made me chuckle.

For the longest time, my wife kept claiming that she couldn't figure out how to use an ATM machine, and every time she needed to withdraw some money, she needed to enlist the help of my step-daughter.

My step-daughter wasn't exactly thrilled with this chore, and kept lodging back channel complaints to me, asking if there wasn't something I could do to improve the situation.

Finally, I realized that my wife was in dire need of some long overdue lessons on how to use an ATM. To tell the truth, I probably gave her a look or two which said, "what kind of person doesn't know how to use a damn ATM machine, anyway?", but I really did try to be as patient and understanding as I could.

So one quiet Saturday afternoon we went into town, and practiced putting the card in the machine, entering the password and navigating the various menus, always cancelling the transaction right before the final step.

But, unexpectedly, when we cancelled the transaction at the end of the 7th or 8th run-through, the machine refused to return the card.

My wife turned to me, looking for an explanation about what had happened. When I stutteringly tried to explain what I thought had happened, she interrupted me with: "See, I tell you before, this machine nothing but big headache. Every time happen like this!"

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1