After 2-entry TV is used up, can do a border run?

After having after a visa you should not have a problem doing one visa exempt entry at a border crossing. Then you can now extend that entry for 30 days at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

I think you are sayinng that, yes, now that my 2-entry which expires Jan 3 is used up, I can go to a border to get 30 days entry. Then I can exttend that another 30 days at immigration. THEN I can go get my next 2-entry.. Yes? If so, it would align the visa dates of the wife and I and we coukd travel together for visas more often.

Which borders are best for the 30-day?

I just wrote visa instead of specifying tourist visa because it does not matter which kind you have because they don't count visa entries only visa exempt entries.

You can get the 30 day extension at any immigration office if you have a local address to put on the application form.

Any border crossing is fine but those in the southern part of the country.

I just wrote visa instead of specifying tourist visa because it does not matter which kind you have because they don't count visa entries only visa exempt entries.

You can get the 30 day extension at any immigration office if you have a local address to put on the application form.

Any border crossing is fine but those in the southern part of the country.

I had visa exempt entries before the TV. Do they count those? 3 or 4 this year because I came in Jan and got the TV in June, and many in 2012.

I beg to differ here guys for Mai Sai

I was on a run myself (I have a visa) and they were not letting ANYONE cross the border unless they have a valid visa NO 30 DAY STAMPS

One guy just wanted to go over for 3 days because his flight home would put him on overstay they refused to let him go over and made it clear the ONLY WAY to get more time is an extension at immigration

So if your expecting to get over the border at mai sai just be aware of this

I was on a run myself (I have a visa) and they were not letting ANYONE cross the border unless they have a valid visa NO 30 DAY STAMPS

One guy just wanted to go over for 3 days because his flight home would put him on overstay they refused to let him go over and made it clear the ONLY WAY to get more time is an extension at immigration

There are several reports of people getting a visa exempt entry at Mae Sai.

But if you have one already and have not gotten an extension of it they will turn you back. They also do the same to those with an entry from a tourist visa that they have not extended.

In the case of the OP it would not be a problem because it is his first one after having a visa.

I believe Mai Sai does let you leave the country and get a new 30 or 15 days, but not if you can apply for an extension. In that case they want you to apply for an extension instead of doing a border run.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

But if you have one already and have not gotten an extension of it they will turn you back. They also do the same to those with an entry from a tourist visa that they have not extended.

In the case of the OP it would not be a problem because it is his first one after having a visa.

Shit, was debating a few weeks ago whether to go for a nice drive in the country and see a few things and get a visa exempt at mai sai or just simply extend my tourist visa, glad i got lazy and chose the latter!

So if someone has a double entry tourist visa and only wants to spend slightly less than 4 months in Thailand, will they now be obliged to do both an extension after 60 days, and then a visa run after another 30 days, effectively giving them a 30 day surplus that they don't need? We have friends who arrived at the beginning of November with said double entry tourist visas and flights home already booked for late February. If they head up to Mae Sai at the end of December, are they likely to be refused exit and told to get extensions instead? Would they be better simply flying to KL and back?

So if someone has a double entry tourist visa and only wants to spend slightly less than 4 months in Thailand, will they now be obliged to do both an extension after 60 days, and then a visa run after another 30 days, effectively giving them a 30 day surplus that they don't need? We have friends who arrived at the beginning of November with said double entry tourist visas and flights home already booked for late February. If they head up to Mae Sai at the end of December, are they likely to be refused exit and told to get extensions instead? Would they be better simply flying to KL and back?

Getting an extension is not mandatory. As with such unofficial policies, it may change with the person or the day.

i make a border run after a non o and nothing wrong same as before got 30 days no question, no ticket , asking smile.png

on 16 go to make the extension 30 days i hope everything ok : what kind of paper i should bring there ?

A completed TM7 form with a 4cm X 6cm photo attached, copy of passport photo page, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card plus the 1900 baht fee.

• Like 1

Strange, so you can't leave there on a double TV to visit for a day during the first entry validity unless you have used the maximum time allowed on the first entry, AND had had an extension on it?

Edited by Impossible