No conclusion yet on proposed direct election of Thai PM and cabinet ministers

webfact

No conclusion yet on proposed direct election of prime minister and cabinet ministers

BANGKOK, 11 December 2014 (NNT) – The constitution drafting committee has asserted that no conclusion has yet been made concerning the proposed direct election for the prime minister and the cabinet of ministers.

King Prajadhipok's Institute and the charter drafting committee on Wednesday held a training session for the improvement of conciliation-fostering skills for the reform of the country. Mr. Wutthisan Tanchai, deputy secretary-general of King Prajadhipok's Institute, chaired the training session.

According to him, the training was meant to reinforce the knowledge of individuals who will record the public input for the reform process. Mr. Wutthisan insisted that public opinion will effect the decisions of the charter drafting committee. He added that building a sense of ownership of the constitution among people will be of prime importance.

Mr. Wutthisan also touched on the proposal for the prime minister and the cabinet ministers to be directly elected, saying the charter drafting committee has not yet decided on this issue. The committee is waiting to hear the views of representatives from the Phuea Thai Party, who will meet with the charter drafters today (December 11).

Although the constitution cannot be drafted to the satisfaction of each and every party, its drafters will be able to promptly explain the reasons behind each article, Mr. Wutthisan added.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-11 footer_n.gif

"Although the constitution cannot be drafted to the satisfaction of each and every party, its drafters will be able to promptly explain the reasons behind each article, Mr. Wutthisan added." -- this is an intelligent, plainly truthful declaration altogether.

In a directly-related issue, see the BP article on reining in the EC and their Football Referee powers.

I am starting to become hopeful for this process. My daughter is half Thai; therefore, the future of the country is very important to me. Not to mention that it is not hard to love Thai people at all. They are in the main more kind, more polite, and thereby more civilised than my own people.

Yes the lack of logic is infuriating sometimes, but, hey, nobody's perfect (especially not me).

• Like 1

"Although the constitution cannot be drafted to the satisfaction of each and every party, its drafters will be able to promptly explain the reasons behind each article, Mr. Wutthisan added." -- this is an intelligent, plainly truthful declaration altogether.

In a directly-related issue, see the BP article on reining in the EC and their Football Referee powers.

I am starting to become hopeful for this process. My daughter is half Thai; therefore, the future of the country is very important to me. Not to mention that it is not hard to love Thai people at all. They are in the main more kind, more polite, and thereby more civilised than my own people.

Yes the lack of logic is infuriating sometimes, but, hey, nobody's perfect (especially not me).

The future may be import to your daughter, but NOT you.

You are a FARANG.