Whats A Resonable Amount To Send Back Home?

SeanC07

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've looked through this topic, and the same question sticks in my mind even after the first page...

You knew her enough to take her to the UK, but in all the time with her you never knew what rent she was paying, her monthly expenses, or that she had credit card debt?

That makes no sense whatsoever, unless of course shes a mail order bride or you're a troll.

I knew of her rent but it wasn't my business to ask about every single penny she spends, I'm not her accountant I'm her bf, do you ask for a receipt from your partner everytime they go out?

Rent - 3000 She is not even living there

Electric - 300 As above

mobile - 2000 She is in thw UK

fixed internet - 631 Can cancel

Paying off her computer (until Oct) - 4500

Credit Card (I will be seeing the Statement) - 4400

Comes to just under 15k, she has agreed to pay the rent for her apartment from her own money, so all in all I will be sending just over 10k and even less after October.

I would like to thank you all for the serious replies!! I will be in touch again if another query comes up!!

Sean

she has agreed to pay the rent for her apartment from her own money

Thats nice of her :o

Your getting conned mate :D

Yeah we are both living at my place in London, the bills she has asked me to help her out for are the ones that are due in, so the next ones will be considerable less, as for ringing her phone and see who answers....that would be my gf as she has it here!!

Why would 300 baht concern me? I spend more on magazines per month!! you really can't be that tight can you???

I think its not being tight on 300b but 300b indicating there is a bit of usage, thats about what i pay each month, when we arent here its a lot less.

Ok, I've looked through this topic, and the same question sticks in my mind even after the first page...

You knew her enough to take her to the UK, but in all the time with her you never knew what rent she was paying, her monthly expenses, or that she had credit card debt?

That makes no sense whatsoever, unless of course shes a mail order bride or you're a troll.

I knew of her rent but it wasn't my business to ask about every single penny she spends, I'm not her accountant I'm her bf, do you ask for a receipt from your partner everytime they go out?

No my partner has nothing to hide in the first place, and certainly wouldn't surprise me with "I need to send 25k back home each month". You obviously didn't know this girl very well. Next thing I'd question would be; was she actually an accountant?

But as I see, you have arrived at the amount of 10k (wow what a reduction), did you even querstion her motives behind the 25k request?

IMHO you are being taken for a fool, the negative comments from people here are becasue we see this happen every single day of the week, and some here have even made a business from it.

For example; relationship problems (re money) make up the bulk of my patients every day.

I expect to see you very very soon :o

Sean I imagine you get so many negative comments as the likes of you bugger things up for those of us wishing to have decent relationships with Thai women. Word gets around that suckers like you exist - me well I'm heading off to that club looking for a PR girl.

You have been warned.

hahahaha what are you talking about you weirdo? can you read or are you so dumb?

I met a nice girl, we have formed a good relationship over 18 months, I just asked a simple question about what is the norm regarding sending money back to LOS and I've had all kinds of replies from people being helpful to people being very negative!!

I cant even put your reply into a catagory as it is so pathetic!! have fun looking for a nice PR girl!!

Just how long did you know this "accountant" before you took her back to the UK?

All this smells a bit funny to me, perhaps like you met her and rushed her home in a fit of lust.

I've known my gf for about 18 months now, so no I didn't rush into getting her over!!, I've been to BKK on a few occasions to meet her, We spoke every night on the phone and online, with a webcam, I've met her friends, all seem very nice people.

I've seen the pictures of her graduation from Uni and her Accountants Certificate so that leads me to believe she actually is true to her word about being an "accountant"!!

If you can afford to send 25K the your gf's expenses and family I'd say you're loaded!

Why would you say he was loaded? 25k baht is under 400 quid less than half a weeks money for me in the UK and i am by no means loaded. But after reading all the replies to this thread. I do believe the OP is being taken for a ride. Mate. Tread carefully. The reason that you get quite a few negative responses because we live here or have been here on and off for a long time. Also this forum has been going for years and you are not the first and wont be the last to ask questions like yours. If you have doubts then you are already thinking in the negative. Good luck for the future. But dont send anymore money. Let her sort it out. YOU ARE NOT MARRIED!

Sean I imagine you get so many negative comments as the likes of you bugger things up for those of us wishing to have decent relationships with Thai women. Word gets around that suckers like you exist - me well I'm heading off to that club looking for a PR girl.

You have been warned.

hahahaha what are you talking about you weirdo? can you read or are you so dumb?

I met a nice girl, we have formed a good relationship over 18 months, I just asked a simple question about what is the norm regarding sending money back to LOS and I've had all kinds of replies from people being helpful to people being very negative!!

I cant even put your reply into a catagory as it is so pathetic!! have fun looking for a nice PR girl!!

As a weirdo I would not seek relationship advice on a public forum - I also can see futher than the end of my nose.

Just how long did you know this "accountant" before you took her back to the UK?

All this smells a bit funny to me, perhaps like you met her and rushed her home in a fit of lust.

I've known my gf for about 18 months now, so no I didn't rush into getting her over!!, I've been to BKK on a few occasions to meet her, We spoke every night on the phone and online, with a webcam, I've met her friends, all seem very nice people.

I've seen the pictures of her graduation from Uni and her Accountants Certificate so that leads me to believe she actually is true to her word about being an "accountant"!!

I thought she was a PR girl for Sopranos club?

If you can afford to send 25K the your gf's expenses and family I'd say you're loaded!

Why would you say he was loaded? 25k baht is under 400 quid less than half a weeks money for me in the UK and i am by no means loaded. But after reading all the replies to this thread. I do believe the OP is being taken for a ride. Mate. Tread carefully. The reason that you get quite a few negative responses because we live here or have been here on and off for a long time. Also this forum has been going for years and you are not the first and wont be the last to ask questions like yours. If you have doubts then you are already thinking in the negative. Good luck for the future. But dont send anymore money. Let her sort it out. YOU ARE NOT MARRIED!

Thanks for the reply, good to hear some common sense!! I don't believe I'm been taking for a ride though, she knew from day one I wasn't loaded, so why hang around for 18 months knowing that!! she is a very attractive girl and could easily find some rich fool to play with!!

I dont have a problem giving her 10k a month to send back. I can't believe the reaction this thread has caused!!, its quite funny reading through it, not bad for my 1st real post!! HAHA

As a weirdo I would not seek relationship advice on a public forum - I also can see futher than the end of my nose.

If you read through the post you would be able to distingush the question I was asking!! not about seeking relationship advice, I can manage that by myself, I was asking how much do others send to help out their gf's!!

I thought she was a PR girl for Sopranos club?

She was an accountant for 10 years then changed job and worked in the Soprano House for 8 months

Thanks for the reply, good to hear some common sense!! I don't believe I'm been taking for a ride though, she knew from day one I wasn't loaded, so why hang around for 18 months knowing that!! she is a very attractive girl and could easily find some rich fool to play with!!

I dont have a problem giving her 10k a month to send back. I can't believe the reaction this thread has caused!!, its quite funny reading through it, not bad for my 1st real post!! HAHA

Sean

Nail on the head - you've discussed this with your GF and you're comfortable with 10k to 15k per month - result - enjoy youre time together :o

All the best

Johnb

Sean

Nail on the head - you've discussed this with your GF and you're comfortable with 10k to 15k per month - result - enjoy youre time together :o

All the best

Johnb

Yeah I will do, its been quite enjoyable reading some of the comments though!!,

its funny to think that those of us that live in the UK will be walking past each other on Sunday in Battersea park unaware that we have already spoken!! haha

Have you actually lived in Thailand for any considerable amount of time (3 months or more) with your girlfriend?

No I haven't, the reason she is here in London with me is to see how we get on living together as you can't judge the way things will be for a few weeks here and there!!

Why is that?

Sean

Nail on the head - you've discussed this with your GF and you're comfortable with 10k to 15k per month - result - enjoy youre time together :D

All the best

Johnb

Yeah I will do, its been quite enjoyable reading some of the comments though!!,

its funny to think that those of us that live in the UK will be walking past each other on Sunday in Battersea park unaware that we have already spoken!! haha

Sean

I was planning to come with my TGF (7 years) but unfortunately she is in one of her moods :o so I'll not be coming - have a great time

Johnb

I was planning to come with my TGF (7 years) but unfortunately she is in one of her moods :o so I'll not be coming - have a great time

Johnb

John

you seem a reasonable bloke, as I'm new to these forums can you tell me what a few of the abbreviations mean:

LOS (I guess it means Thailand, but how?)

IMHO

any others you can think of!!

where did you meet your TGF? what was the circumstances?

Cheers

Sean

I was asking how much do others send to help out their gf's!!

Zilch - well normal relationships. :D Ask yourself this would you give a gf in the UK a monthly allowance? (me thinks not) :o

Depends if she had her own income or not!! if she wasn't working you wouldn't help her out from time to time?

Guys, bare in mind what his GF is doing before you go too nuts at the guy....

She has given up a job as a PR girl (try and take that at face value) where she was probably earning ok money, and has moved to England for 6 months. Most likely she is on a tourist visa, and if she is as nice as Sean says then she will not work. As Sean has already said this is their first go at living together. Who knows how that is going to work out?

So she has given up her job and home country to come and meet a man that she loves. Can you blame her for wanting to keep on an appartment 'just in case?' The way I see it, if I gave up my job, my home country etc to take a gamble with a woman that I was in love with but hadn't lived with as yet, whilst surrendering my ability to earn any money whatsoever, I sure as hel_l would want her to help out to keep my escape route open.

You are right, we do see a lot of these instances on the forum and in everyday life in Thailand. I sincerely hope that this one is the exception to the rule. I for one don't think that her demands are unreasonable, and hope that others might try and walk a mile in her shoes before slamming her.

Good luck Sean. I hope that it all works out, and help her out in whatever way you feel comfortable. Live your life how you want, not how others feel you should.

Guys, bare in mind what his GF is doing before you go too nuts at the guy....

She has given up a job as a PR girl (try and take that at face value) where she was probably earning ok money, and has moved to England for 6 months. Most likely she is on a tourist visa, and if she is as nice as Sean says then she will not work. As Sean has already said this is their first go at living together. Who knows how that is going to work out?

So she has given up her job and home country to come and meet a man that she loves. Can you blame her for wanting to keep on an appartment 'just in case?' The way I see it, if I gave up my job, my home country etc to take a gamble with a woman that I was in love with but hadn't lived with as yet, whilst surrendering my ability to earn any money whatsoever, I sure as hel_l would want her to help out to keep my escape route open.

You are right, we do see a lot of these instances on the forum and in everyday life in Thailand. I sincerely hope that this one is the exception to the rule. I for one don't think that her demands are unreasonable, and hope that others might try and walk a mile in her shoes before slamming her.

Good luck Sean. I hope that it all works out, and help her out in whatever way you feel comfortable. Live your life how you want, not how others feel you should.

EUREKA!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Tourleaders, wise words go a long way with me!! hope to chat with you again sometime soon!!

Sean

Can someone answer me this question? why do most replies come back as being very negative!!

have they tried and failed to have a decent relationship and are so insecure that they just can not have a positive word to say about anything!!!

I was wondering the same thing...

Most everyone is screaming you're getting conned when in fact you are discussing the financial arrangements discussion with her, amongst an online community. Why all these doubting Thomases see that as a con may shed more light on their own phobias than it does in the situation at hand.

Just a thought...

Can someone answer me this question? why do most replies come back as being very negative!!

have they tried and failed to have a decent relationship and are so insecure that they just can not have a positive word to say about anything!!!

I was wondering the same thing...

Most everyone is screaming you're getting conned when in fact you are discussing the financial arrangements discussion with her, amongst an online community. Why all these doubting Thomases see that as a con may shed more light on their own phobias than it does in the situation at hand.

Just a thought...

So it's not just me thinking that then!! great minds think alike!! haha

Depends if she had her own income or not!! if she wasn't working you wouldn't help her out from time to time?

Nah I think most lads would tell their gf to get a job and help out. (married is a diff story) Anyways in the end your dosh do as you please, but keep eyes open. I think this all anyone here is saying. :o

Nah I think most lads would tell their gf to get a job and help out. (married is a diff story) Anyways in the end your dosh do as you please, but keep eyes open. I think this all anyone here is saying. :o

Yeah I know but as she has only been here for a week I think its a bit soon to push her out into the busy streets of London to get a job, maybe in a few months time.

Ok, cool, I will keep my eyes open, thanks for all the advice!!