Bangkok school makes late students rub their knees on concrete

webfact

How about punishing Thai teachers being late? I can never forget seeing the students who were late kneeling at the gate of the school and the Thai teachers passing by being even more late. The same thing happened every day. Can we just call this hypocrisy?

40 years ago my wife had to crawl to all of her teachers. Part of the Thai culture. Shows respect. There is little to no respect shown in Thailand these days. Yes it hurts a bit but since most of the people on web have no culture don't make such a big thing about it. They will survive.

I'm not surprised to hear this. Did you know a school can be heavily fined or even closed if too many students show up late?

That is a lot of unnecessary pressure coming from higher up in the line.

What's really funny is at Matayom schools, once the kids are in the school, nobody makes sure they even go to class.

Lol.. i see the same from my balcony in the middle school opposite my place. Almost every day boys and gals are playing outside, all day long. At same time VERY loud music that can be heard 10 km further !!! Are they nuts !? They are supposed to EDUCATE the children..... But this word has still to be invented in LOS....

On a regular base when they drag the kids on the big playfield, i hear male and female teachers YELLING all day through some speakers that makes me deaf !

Other days some folks perform live songs through those speakers.. i can assure you all the stray cats sing better !!!

Oh did i already mention the drilling of the students ? am sure the General likes this.... makes the Thais happy.... LOL

EDUCATION ?? My... butt facepalm.gif

I worked at one high school and certain Thai teachers where there at the gate to whip the late students.....I arrived at the same time and one of them thought I was a student...and was about to give me a lashing.............well you can only guess the kind of greeting he got from me. It started with an F and finished with an F.

Fluff?

EDIT

...Can I buy a vowel?

Edited by Fullstop
  • Like 1

40 years ago my wife had to crawl to all of her teachers. Part of the Thai culture. Shows respect. There is little to no respect shown in Thailand these days. Yes it hurts a bit but since most of the people on web have no culture don't make such a big thing about it. They will survive.

Does your member name indicate you like a little crawling too?

There is respect and there is respect.

But in Thailand it's waaaaayyy exaggerated !

Every day i see on TV all those (army) guys and gals crawling over the ground with their nice white uniforms with hundreds of decorations when handing over a document or a present to "superiors".... Really NUTS !

(BTW... Thailand, Hub of uniforms and medals/decorations.... coffee1.gif )

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Barbarians and should be charged with assault and child abuse. This in the same country that says the U.S should lift Thailands status on Human Rights. What bloody century has the dear leader dragged the country back to? You can understand this in Nth Korea and I guess this is the direction the P.M wants to take the country.

&lt;deleted&gt;, how do you manage to get politics into this story? Many Thai's are violent, end of. This has nothing whatsoever to do with leaders of any hue. Hopefully the current bunch of numpties (they are ALL numpties, red, yellow or the current green mob) in charge will publicly castigate the school for this but they are hardly to blame.

Not one mention of protecting the rights and nurturing the youth of Thailand in the Generals 12 steps. Maybe he could have got the first one from AA. And Wisdom to know the difference?

Why subject children to such barbaric treatment? And the Generals 12 values do not protect children from such treatment.

I've heard mention of these '12 values' before. What are they? ANyone know where there is a list?

post-187908-0-30354700-1418450707_thumb.

It beggars belief that people in a postipon where they come into contact with children may get away with this.

It is a violent assault in UK it used t be refered to as "ABH" - ACTUAL BODILY HARM.

What sort of values - Other than cruelty - Do they expect to instill in those kids????

Misleading headline....

TV is taking lessons from Yahoo!rolleyes.gif

PS for the kids

If you're going to be late, wear pants or carry knee pads with you.w00t.gif

Just refuse to crawl. If they manhandle you, that is child abuse for sure and there will be many witnesses. I don't think the teacher or assistant director will use a choke hold to take the kids down, do you?

Wonder what Thai parents of children involved will do?

My friend you just don't understand the system here! If the parents find out they'll just say "serves you right" "I told you to hurry up". If you have the time drop by a high school sometime and watch the discipline being metted out, your eyebrows will reach the back of your neck!! wink.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

Reminds me of the good ole days in Oz. We were group punished by being made to sit on the sun-hot tar of the playground... if you tried to lift a buttock off for relief, you were ordered to sit straight. And then there was the time at Sydney Boys High when the teacher caned the whole class for misbehaving while he had stepped out because he couldn't be bothered trying to separate the good from the bad. His nickname among us was 'Black George' for how he left your hands after a sixer (a six-times caning). That was in the dark ages of the 1970s though....

Reminds me of the good ole days in Oz. We were group punished by being made to sit on the sun-hot tar of the playground... if you tried to lift a buttock off for relief, you were ordered to sit straight. And then there was the time at Sydney Boys High when the teacher caned the whole class for misbehaving while he had stepped out because he couldn't be bothered trying to separate the good from the bad. His nickname among us was 'Black George' for how he left your hands after a sixer (a six-times caning). That was in the dark ages of the 1970s though....

Me too but it was a religious school in the States and the brothers were returned GI's from WWII with psychological disorders.

well it is thailand ,try spending a day with class 15 year old ,kids get no educations teachers got no education ,truly 3rd world country ,seems to be getting worse ,where did the saying come from , Land of smiles ,as kid , new a man spent some time in Thailand building a bridge ,his knees where OK ,but never got old never gained weight ,and would never eat rice or smile at a thai

• Like 1