Where to Purchase Stereo Receivers - Midrange Quality

patekatek

My Denon receiver got hurt by lightning a couple months ago and I brought to a local place for repair and yesterday we were informed that they were unable to fix it. This is a small mom and pop place and I'm not surprised. So, two options remain. 1) Can someone recommend a quality repair shop anywhere around Chonburi, Hua Hin, or Bangkok. 2) Can someone recommend retailers who sell decent but not audiophile rated receivers? I need a receiver that has optical input because my 50" LG tv has optical output for audio.

FYI: We live in Kaeng Krachan and the in-laws live in Chonburi city. That's why the questionable range of repair locations. :>)

Thanks, in advance, for any help anyone can provide.

I recently bought a new amp/receiver via Lazada. Very good service, delivered to your home and cash on delivery. Not sure what you mean by mid range quality but my Onkyo TX-NR414 was 9,500 baht which is a lot of equipment for the money. Check out their website.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for their input. I bought a Yamaha rx-671 receiver from a private party in Bangkok and it is packed with a ton of technology and produces great sound. It ended up costing about 2,000 baht less than the receiver I was looking at in Lazada web site. An electronics store guy in Tha Yang is now trying to fix my Denon. I checked today and he is awaiting a part. Hope this indicates he's on the right track.