Palm Oil Imports

oldsailor35

The OAE have announced a master plan to help PO growers get better prices which are low at the moment due to oversupply. I wonder if they have had a look at the amount of PO which is being imported from Malaysia at the expense of Thai producers. Put a stop to this importing which can and does only benefit the importing businessmen who do nothing for the industry.

Palm oil is in every shop, as the cheapest oil.

It comes from the daily illegal destruction of the SEA forests where many endangered species are killed.

Oil gives you obesity, heart diseases, chronic diseases, etc

Just don't buy it.

• Like 1

They wouldn't import it if it was more expensive - would they?

Sounds like you fell for the old Palm Oil Plantation scam.

why do you want the thai consumer to pay more?

Never said I did. If Malaysian Palm Oil is cheaper it'll sell in Thailand even if it's smuggled.

What scam is this Mr know it all ? My partner owns a 101 rai PO plantation started years ago by her father. The family have done very well ....thank you Mr know it all. However todays prices are quite low as there is a lot of oil imported from Malaysia at the expense of Thai growers. This importing does not reflect on the consumer who has to pay the same whether imported oil or not. Same applies to Rubber. coffee1.gif

What scam is this Mr know it all ? My partner owns a 101 rai PO plantation started years ago by her father. The family have done very well ....thank you Mr know it all. However todays prices are quite low as there is a lot of oil imported from Malaysia at the expense of Thai growers. This importing does not reflect on the consumer who has to pay the same whether imported oil or not. Same applies to Rubber. coffee1.gif

Your vitriol smells of receiving appalling financial advice.

• Like 1

So is it, ATF or Mr Know it all, I'm confused ?

• Like 1

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

They're planting palm oil orchards left and right in central Thailand.

My big fear is that these orchards - - which require year-round irrigation- - are going to deplete all the underground aquifers in a few years time.

Appears to me to be incredibly short-sighted agricultural management.

• Like 1

Looks like someone bought palm oil farm at the top.....

Like who for instance ?

Look Buddy you had dreams of living off an empire of palm juice but those damn Malaysians are too efficient even without subsidies.

Biz 101 sell at a loss until everyone else goes out of biz.

YES ! so i see. rolleyes.gif

Like who for instance ?

Look Buddy you had dreams of living off an empire of palm juice but those damn Malaysians are too efficient even without subsidies.

Biz 101 sell at a loss until everyone else goes out of biz.

Not loosing yet. producer needs 5 bht kg to break even, price just over that atm. so with 101 rai, still turning a small profit. It is the little guy with 10 rai that is really suffering.

They're planting palm oil orchards left and right in central Thailand.

My big fear is that these orchards - - which require year-round irrigation- - are going to deplete all the underground aquifers in a few years time.

Appears to me to be incredibly short-sighted agricultural management.

They will never survive north of Chumpon. It is too dry. Rainfall of around 1800 mm per year or monthly 150mm is needed PO trees cannot survive/produce more than 60 days without rainfall. Where is all this water coming from.

Then of course , these plantations have to be within a short distance of the mill, other wise transport costs exhorbitant. I am wondering were these plantations are in Central Thailand. Have recently read that government are going to build a Bio-Fuel plant just for Palm oil, but do not know where, maybe it has been promised for central Thailand. But as you point out, its a short sighted approach.

Like who for instance ?

Umm, I think he means you...................whistling.gif

Well he needs to read the posts i have made before making an idiot of himself. I do not own any PO myself, it is my partners, started by her father years ago. Typical of some people, they just rush in trying to belittle others without paying attention. w00t.gifw00t.gif