Russian Pedestrian shot by Police as they chase two bag snatchers in Jomtien

webfact

The sooner that civilians are allowed to carry arms the better what is needed is a Thai NRA, no more punch ups.

Oh right, that's the ticket - more weapons in the hands of the citizenry. Beat out only by South Africa and Columbia, per capita, Thailand already ranks #3 in the world for murders with firearms. How about #4? The USA with the gun manufacturer's best friend, the NRA, helping to lead the death charge.

Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Murders-with-firearms

Edited by lifeincnx
  • Like 1

The sooner that civilians are allowed to carry arms the better what is needed is a Thai NRA, no more punch ups.

Oh dear, don't you think there are enough guns and gun crime about in Thailand?

Surely that is the argument put forward, to make you feel safer we need lots more guns. After all I feel a whole lot safer when I see someone walk into a coffee shop or hardware shop with an automatic rifle strapped over his shoulder.

This is either a gee up or your a red neck American. I not to sure which!!!

Kudos to the police for not killing the innocent Russian woman...Dang if this is not a scene out of a Wild West Shootout...I need to purchase a camera and hang around Jomtien Beach to record this daily action...

Firearms are used in a public space with the result that an innocent person got wounded.

And your solution is to introduce more firearms?

I have trouble following your reasoning.

Sorry its probably a bit early in the morning but I always enjoy the argument that's put forward that somehow more guns make us safer. As if to reinforce this point we have people in the USA strolling into malls etc fully armed in order to protect this right. Just the thought of being in a cafe and seeing guys strolling through the door with automatic weapons makes me feel a whole lot safer as you can imagine.

Not I......If I was in a café and guys strolled in with automatic weapons................. I would probably sh1t myself then hit the deck and hide under the table...

Halloween has strong Gaelic and Celtic roots, then European. Valentines day romantic angle definitely had English roots. McD's and KFC are just brought up on here every time the states are mentioned and just a big yawn for most.

I feel sorry for that woman who was shot and I hope she gets better soon.

"Late on Saturday night"? it was around 7.30 p.m. and why the h*ll is the police shooting at bag-snatchers...........

Why is it that Thailand 'imports' every cr*p from the States?...........Halloween, Valentine, MacD, KFC and "shoot to kill" cops

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So, a tourist could then hypothetically arm themselves after arriving in Thailand, even though it would be against the laws of their country of origin?

Wonder would visa exempt also cover that?

Sometimes, a little more time spent on the drawing board produces better statements don't you think?

I was actually trying to make the point that the NRA makes every time there is a shooting that somehow rather than fewer guns a better solution is more guns.

• Like 1

Surely that is the argument put forward, to make you feel safer we need lots more guns. After all I feel a whole lot safer when I see someone walk into a coffee shop or hardware shop with an automatic rifle strapped over his shoulder.

This is either a gee up or your a red neck American. I not to sure which!!!

At last someone gets it.

You did notice that the victims of both the snatching and shooting were female Russians right? So the idea is that tourists could rent a personal firearm at the airport when they arrive? And that would keep them safe and happy. Yep - I get. Flash of brilliance, son.

Is this an attempt of trolling or are you a serious believer that having "ammo" on the Christmas wish list is the solution to all problems? Don't you think that the list of people killed by guns in Thailand and the US is already too high?

We already got fat from your country's fine "cuisine", we do not need importing lunatic institutions like the NRA. More guns on the street is never the answer as any civilized person would argue.

• Like 2

So the cops were shooting at 2 teenagers riding away on their motorbike for nicking a handbag,,.. "shooting at them!". Did they pose any immediate threat to the public?

By the look of it they missed the kids and injured this poor woman.

My Thai wife says that the civilian people in Thailand are actually allowed to possess a gun. Please correct me if I am wrong.

"Late on Saturday night"? it was around 7.30 p.m. and why the h*ll is the police shooting at bag-snatchers...........

Why is it that Thailand 'imports' every cr*p from the States?...........Halloween, Valentine, MacD, KFC and "shoot to kill" cops

How doe's the States lay claim to Halloween--It's has an Irish/Celtic history---whistling.gif