What's open & closed Dec. 31 - Jan. 4 2015

altmtl

The 1st of January is pretty much a public holiday all over - I was wondering about closures between the 31st - 4th as Vasu is closed during those dates.

All I could find was this: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765072-prayuth-denies-nine-day-new-year-break/ with no real details on to what is open or closed.

Public Holidays: http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/thailand/2015

Edited by altmtl

As far as I know these are the 3 official public holidays in Thailand.

1 January (Thursday) New Year's Day

2 January (Friday) New Year's Day Extended

Then you have the weekend which a lot of people will take as part of extended holiday.
All government offices are closed Saturday & Sunday anyway.
So they will be shut :
31 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4.
Five day holiday.
So Government offices, Banks, embassies you will have to check with individual ones as to what emergency contacts / help the have available.
Edited by Rooo

Not directly related, but a number of people will have extra holidays on 29 and 30 Dec (Mo, Tue) for a 9 day holiday!

So be prepared for heavier traffic to start on the evening of Fri, Dec 26!

Our oldest granddaughter (working at Rochana Indistrial Park) called today that she will be on the way Fri, Dec 26.

Time to party!

Work done/out for this year tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Then you have the weekend which a lot of people will take as part of extended holiday.
So they will be shut :
31 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4.
Five day holiday.
So Government offices, Banks, embassies you will have to check with individual ones as to what emergency contacts / help the have available.

Will Thai Visa be on Holiday?

Maybe, that's what the OP is asking?

So they will be shut :
31 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4.
Five day holiday.

My visa runs out on Friday 2nd January - what is the earliest date I can apply for the 30 day extension - is it like I hope on the Friday 26th December or will it be on Monday the 29th of December? thanks in advance

• Like 1

Bangkok Bank will be closed from Dec 31 and reopen on Jan5. If you transfer funds at months end, don't expect it to post to your BKK Bank account till Jan 5th

That applies to all banks because the Bank of Thailand declared the 2nd as a bank holiday.

All the main offices will be closed. Only mini branches will be open.

Bangkok Bank will be closed from Dec 31 and reopen on Jan5. If you transfer funds at months end, don't expect it to post to your BKK Bank account till Jan 5th

That applies to all banks because the Bank of Thailand declared the 2nd as a bank holiday.

All the main offices will be closed. Only mini branches will be open.

The banks main offices won't be open to the public, but some operations never truly shut down. I have had foreign transfers credited to my account on Saturdays when the banks are technically closed and I sometimes get SMS notification even at night ... so someone is minding the shop or at least watching the computers mind the shop. Of course the sending banks also have holidays and weekends to contend with. Probably better to make the transfer a week before or after all the chaos.

So they will be shut :
31 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4.
Five day holiday.

My visa runs out on Friday 2nd January - what is the earliest date I can apply for the 30 day extension - is it like I hope on the Friday 26th December or will it be on Monday the 29th of December? thanks in advance

Edited by altmtl

That's a good question: I would try and get it extended before the 26th if you can. But I haven't really found an answer to how far in advance you can extend it. Some say a week, but I imagine the immigration offices will be quite busy on the days they are open.