Looking for Treadmills

garyhays

Ah yes...the fun and anticipation of walking through CM smog is less exciting that it used to be (cough...cough...). I'm looking for a place that would have HIGH QUALITY treadmills for a decent price (OK...I know that the mall prices are about twice what I can pay in the USA for the SAME item...). Aside from the malls, anyone know of a good option for high quality treadmills?? Merry Christmas!

I brought one from the sports shop inside Robinsons at AP Plaza.

Kept breaking down and after a year I was having to pay for repairs about once every four months. (About 4k)

It's now broken again and they are telling me I should buy a new one. Trouble is that they will give me a discount against a new one but the one they recommend means that I would have to spend another 35k

The warranty will again only be 12 months.

I'm joining a gym instead, cheaper in the long run (excuse the pun) !!

• Like 1

There is a sports equipment sales shop on Chang Phuak, about 2k from the North Gate on the right hand side of the road... They have several treadmills on display in their shop...

Edited by Loptr

I spotted a shop selling treadmills the other night on the road from Saraphi which continues through Nong Hoi and into the City.

Sorry, can't remember exactly whereabouts but quite visible on the left as you are coming in.

Yes, I was also in Sports World KSK--and same sales pitch--seems odd really, why don't they just write the correct price in the first place??

The one he was recommending, with some sort of special motor--worked out at around 20K, if I remember correctly.

I suppose it rather depends how 'big' the person is......or not?

• 3 weeks later...

My Thai neighbor had one that he paid about 35K for and he said that it broke down about once every 3-4 months. Once he had to wait 5 weeks for the company in Bangkok to send someone to come and repair it as the repair people in C.M. gave up on it. He recently bought another that he paid 60K for. Indeed it's cheaper to go to a gym and let them deal with the maintenance.

We purchased a top notch Horizon treadmill at Sports World central festival. We got it for 40% less than the price on it after haggling. Happy with it, and its a heavy duty machine, beware of the kg rating on most. It can be as little as 80kgs, ok if your from Munchkin land i guess.

• Like 1

We purchased a top notch Horizon treadmill at Sports World central festival. We got it for 40% less than the price on it after haggling. Happy with it, and its a heavy duty machine, beware of the kg rating on most. It can be as little as 80kgs, ok if your from Munchkin land i guess.

Agree, I also bought a Horizon from Sports World although not the top one (841T at only 40k Baht) but enough for the average foreigner's weight and they gave good service.

• Like 2

Agree, I also bought a Horizon from Sports World although not the top one (841T at only 40k Baht) but enough for the average foreigner's weight and they gave good service.

The average foreigner in CM is over 100kgs, hence the heavy duty requirements. And if you run hard on them you need a sturdy one.