Aussie Partner Visa to cost more

The Abbott government will increase the visa applications charges for partner visas by 50 per cent, raising $373.6 million for the budget repair job.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/12/15/govt-cash-visas-foreign-love

PARTNER VISA CHARGES

* Provisional and permanent partner visas - currently $3085 increased to $4627.50

* Prospective marriage visa - currently $3085 increased to $4627.50

* Temporary and permanent partner visas - currently $4575 increased $6865.50

(Source: Immigration Department)

Edited by Gopro

If you think that's an increase, check out the cost of the new class of parent visas. That shit just got hectic. A hefty application fee, massive bond, and unless you have some kind of humanitarian waiver, a visa fee of $43,600. The mother-in-law is welcome to stay in BKK.

Whopping price increases since 2 years ago when it was only a grand.

I thought it was more than a grand, years ago when mrs ND did it. That was much longer than 2 years ago.....maybe I'm thinking of overall costs.

....maybe I. Just losing the plot. :(

I thought it was more than a grand, years ago when mrs ND did it. That was much longer than 2 years ago.....maybe I'm thinking of overall costs.

Nah mate, not loosing the plot. Easy to forget what all these bloody visas have cost.

Did my wifes in 2012, applied in Australia, cost me just under a grand. 995 dollars think it was. Not sure what it cost if you paid in Thailand.

That was in November 2012 I think. By January 2013 it went up to over 3 grand.

Nah mate, not loosing the plot. Easy to forget what all these bloody visas have cost.

Did my wifes in 2012, applied in Australia, cost me just under a grand. 995 dollars think it was. Not sure what it cost if you paid in Thailand.

That was in November 2012 I think. By January 2013 it went up to over 3 grand.

No, we did in Oz.

I'm losing the plot.

Maybe I was thinking of all the other costs, X-rays, examinations, this and that.

But I remember thinking it was cheap.

$7k is starting to get up there but not too bad considering what the people in the public sector that carry out this work get paid.

Nothing wrong with USRE PAYS, I don't expect others to pay for my application.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.............

Wondering if anyone recently has sponsored a Thai child, 12 years of age in this case, to join his Thai mother (AUS Permanent Resident) and me, Australian Stepfather in Australia permanently. Presently he is with the Grandparents in Thailand and we wanted him to get a basic Thai Primary education prior to settling here.

I think in the past when my wife moved here, there were different methods either off-shore or on-shore in applying for the visa, regards expediency and differing costs.

Thanks in anticipation.

According to the http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fees-charges/visa-pricing-table-and-form-990i.aspx website Partner Visa (Subclass 309/100) costs over the last 5 years lodged off-shore in Australian dollars, not including any surcharges or additional charges are as follows:

01/01/2010 = $1,705.00

01/07/2010 = $1,735.00

01/01/2011 = $1,735.00

01/07/2011 = $1,995.00

01/01/2012 = $1,995.00

01/07/2012 = $2,060.00

01/01/2013 = $2,680.00

01/01/2014 = $3,085.00

01/01/2015 = $4627.50

171% increase over 5 years.

01/07/2012 = $2,060.00

Thats more than double of what it cost us lodged in November of 2012.

Edit to add, sorry lodged in Aus not Thailand.

Edited by krisb

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.............

Wondering if anyone recently has sponsored a Thai child, 12 years of age in this case, to join his Thai mother (AUS Permanent Resident) and me, Australian Stepfather in Australia permanently. Presently he is with the Grandparents in Thailand and we wanted him to get a basic Thai Primary education prior to settling here.

I think in the past when my wife moved here, there were different methods either off-shore or on-shore in applying for the visa, regards expediency and differing costs.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mate

I noticed you asked pretty much the same question about 8 months ago and received a fair bit of information

with regards to onshore/offshore processing and prices.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/661601-australian-partner-visa-dependent-child-questions/page-2

Apart from the price increases, everything else you were advised then is pretty much the same I think.

• Like 1

01/07/2012 = $2,060.00

What visa subclass did you lodge, as the only partner visa in November 2012 that is around $1000 is Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) visa holder lodging partner application which cost $995. Which means that you paid $1.995 up to 9 months earlier for a Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) then once you married paid another $995 to convert it to a partner visa = $2990 for the Partner visa.

A partner visa (Subclass 820/801) lodged in Australia in November 2012 would have cost you $3,060

A partner visa (Subclass 309/100) applied offshore in November 2012 would cost $2,060

Source http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Documents/990i/990i1112.pdf

01/07/2012 = $2,060.00

What visa subclass did you lodge, as the only partner visa in November 2012 that is around $1000 is Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) visa holder lodging partner application which cost $995. Which means that you paid $1.995 up to 9 months earlier for a Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) then once you married paid another $995 to convert it to a partner visa = $2990 for the Partner visa.

A partner visa (Subclass 820/801) lodged in Australia in November 2012 would have cost you $3,060

A partner visa (Subclass 309/100) applied offshore in November 2012 would cost $2,060

Source http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Documents/990i/990i1112.pdf

Yep that fits the bill exactly. And now I can vaguely remember looking at the price list working out which fee to pay and happy it was the cheapest on the list.

There you go Neverdie, this explains everything.

Sorry for having you worried mate, I had forgotten the fiancee and partner were combined.

• Like 1

If you think that's an increase, check out the cost of the new class of parent visas. That shit just got hectic. A hefty application fee, massive bond, and unless you have some kind of humanitarian waiver, a visa fee of $43,600. The mother-in-law is welcome to stay in BKK.

$43,600 visa fee!!!!

That's extraordinary

Those are excesive fees. Dutch residence permit applications used to cost (dates and some fees are from memory but should give a reasonable idea of the cost level):

50 euro's untill 2002-2003

180 euro untill 2007-2008

650 euro untill 2009

1025 euro untill 2012 (yep rightwing conservative administration)

225 euro currently (court ruled that the 650euro's was too much, this was dragged out in court over several years and in the mean time the administration raised fees while the Judge already had ruled that the current fees were excessive).

Conversion.

50 euro = 75 AUD = 40 GBP

225 euro = 339 AUD = 178 GBP

1025 euro = 1545 AUD = 988 GBP

Edited by Donutz

• 4 months later...

Bump as per the budget, from July1 2015 - new price will be $6,865 from $4630 last christmas - lodged offshore or onshore

Nice Mr Hockey

List of all visa prices as of 15/07/15 below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/pub-res/Documents/budget/VAC-increases-fact-sheet.pdf

Citizenship fees will move to full cost recovery as of 01/01/2016, believe new fees have to be published

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2