Thai Marriage certificate Translation/Notarized

The translation will cost 300 to 500 baht.

The certification will be 200 baht for regular service or 400 for express service.

The translation service can get the MFA certification done.

The certifcation is done at Consular Affairs Department in Chaeng Wattana. http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/organize/19719-%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88-%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%8C.html

The translation will cost 300 to 500 baht.

The certification will be 200 baht for regular service or 400 for express service.

The translation service can get the MFA certification done.

The certifcation is done at Consular Affairs Department in Chaeng Wattana. http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/organize/19719-%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88-%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%8C.html

If you get there early enough (and there are always plenty of free lance translators in and around the building), you'll have the same days service. But not if you don't get it in by 11am. Otherwise they can post to you by EMS within a few working days. It's good to use the translators mentioned, because if there are any corrections to be made, they can do so on the spot. But be warned parking can be tricky!

Really depends on language, some folks near the embassies charge exorbitant or extor. prices when you want it to be stamped with the state seal. Something like 4 to 5000 baht. No wonder the embassies have "no idea" where these folks are.

Yes can all be done at CW. If you only want the marriage translated for UK purposes my understanding is that you don't need the certification by MOFA but if you want to subsequently get a visa from the UK to visit Another European country then they usually want a certified translation.

• Like 1

Really depends on language, some folks near the embassies charge exorbitant or extor. prices when you want it to be stamped with the state seal. Something like 4 to 5000 baht. No wonder the embassies have "no idea" where these folks are.

Not the answer to the question he asked.

Yes can all be done at CW. If you only want the marriage translated for UK purposes my understanding is that you don't need the certification by MOFA but if you want to subsequently get a visa from the UK to visit Another European country then they usually want a certified translation.

for the relatively small cost of the Min of FA (I just love that - sorry LOL)

I would get it done now and then there is never going to be a prob in the future.

I don't know your age but if you need to do anything with the UK Pension Dept, it is best to be stamped and even "seen" by the Brit Embassy. (I also did that)

I'm a Brit but resident in Spain so we needed both Spanish and English translations.

I am retired and the English one, duly stamped was accepted by the Pensions Dept with no probs.

For the Spanish, we also had to have our docs "Recognised" by a Brit Consul in Spain, with the Spanish translation plus a ton of other docs....

Now my wife has a Spanish ID and it's a dream for travel, no more visas to go to Spain and good for 5 years too.

Good luck and Congratulations etc x.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...