Countries vow not to host anti-Thai government movements

webfact

Same s*** different day.

Thailands economy is in freefall and living standards are falling, yet all these morons can offer is more idle threats against those who challenge their tentative grip on power that is weakening by the day.

Every single day they sound more and more desperate.

Those against the NCPO also seem to get desperate if those halftruths and insinuations are any indication.

Same s*** different day.

Thailands economy is in freefall and living standards are falling, yet all these morons can offer is more idle threats against those who challenge their tentative grip on power that is weakening by the day.

Those against the NCPO also seem to get desperate if those halftruths and insinuations are any indication.

No half truths here. It has been quoted in the press.

Same s*** different day.

Don't start him off for chrissakes, or you'll never hear the last of him...

Same s*** different day.

So you are supporting the "governments" attempts to contain the freedom of speech and their following outright lies?? You are a disgrace.................

Same s*** different day.

What does that mean?

Think he was referring to countries to the immediate west of Thailand.. Not western countries.

Yes.... and if you travel west for about 25,000 miles you'll arrive at a little country with a sitting junta called Thailand. I bet they are ' on the list '

Which western countries?

I doubt this is factual

It's called making it up and thinking that everyone is dumb enough to buy it. Used to work in the pre-internet era these guys still live in.

I was wondering ?

Australia actually bans the entire Junta running Thailand from setting foot on its soil and routinely is highly critical of both it and the LM laws.

Last time I looked, Australia was east of Thailand. And isn't Australia the country that welcomes Iranian fugitives to enter the country and settle there? I can't see Australia effectively banning anyone from setting foot on its soil.

If you go far enough west you will get to Australia as the earth are round in case you don't know. As they are a developed country where their police as a rule do their job. Iran never requested the extradition of the Iranian in question how would the Australian government have known he was a fugitive. They will keep the brown shirts out, you will never see your dear great leader shake the hand of the Australian PM on Australian soil.

Same s*** different day.

So you are supporting the "governments" attempts to contain the freedom of speech and their following outright lies?? You are a disgrace.................

You have the opinion that I am supporting this governments attempts and therefor you tell me I'm a disgrace.

Now even if being supportive was a disgrace, nowhere in the post you quote you can reasonably come to the conclusion that I am what you accuse me of.

BTW if being supporting of governments outright lies is a disgrace, it would seem you condemn an awful lot of posters who were / are supportive of the previous government. More broadly even you're condemning anyone who is supportive of any government. Makes you somewhat anarchistic, I think.

Same s*** different day.

Don't start him off for chrissakes, or you'll never hear the last of him...

It's a good feeling knowing to be appreciated. Well don't worry, at 59 I might be approaching the middle of my possible lifespan. You may look forward to another 60 odd years of my free advise and comments wai.gif

Same s*** different day.

You should take some of your medication : you are posting like a raving lunatic.

People who do not support what the Junta are doing to try and save Thailand from the mess made by the last bunch of dirty cronies are the disgrace. The grenade attacks on protestors and the cheering red-shirts who just heard the news of the young girl in Trat being murdered along with others will stay with me a long time.

If anyone wants to understand what a bunch of double-standard whining spoilt schoolboys most red-shirts are, they only need to read threads like this. Of course, they are strangely quiet when anything of real importance (like what their government got up to) crops up.

That ASEAN countries vow not to host anti-government groups isn't a real surprise. Non-intervention is about the first rule governing ASEAN.

As for Western countries, that's a bit more difficult. That depends much more on the level of activities by those anit-LM or anti-government groups. Pure LM will probably not be an issue, but politics and possible incitement to violence and/or hate is a different matter all together. Groups will be under surveillance anyway and as long as a government still deals with the Thai government it's a bit hypocritical to allow anti-governments groups to be very vocal or active.

Most will be covered by the diplomacy of "don't ask, don't tell".

I agree with this sensible summary.No really!

Still doesn't alter the awkward fact that the government spokesman (as regards the position of Western countries) has either been misreported or is lying.

Same s*** different day.

You should take some of your medication : you are posting like a raving lunatic.

People who do not support what the Junta are doing to try and save Thailand from the mess made by the last bunch of dirty cronies are the disgrace. The grenade attacks on protestors and the cheering red-shirts who just heard the news of the young girl in Trat being murdered along with others will stay with me a long time.

If anyone wants to understand what a bunch of double-standard whining spoilt schoolboys most red-shirts are, they only need to read threads like this. Of course, they are strangely quiet when anything of real importance (like what their government got up to) crops up.

Nonsense. Lies and distortions. The solution to this debate is easy. Have an election now. Right now. And see if the non elected leader gets a majority.

It's either put up or shut up. Give all the people the vote yellow shirts and red shirts alike.....oh and prosecute those bomb planting terrorists who hijacked the airport.

• Like 1

Nonsense. Lies and distortions. The solution to this debate is easy. Have an election now. Right now. And see if the non elected leader gets a majority.

It's either put up or shut up. Give all the people the vote yellow shirts and red shirts alike.....oh and prosecute those bomb planting terrorists who hijacked the airport.

If a poll with junta favorable results is not believed, how much chance would an election have?

Anyway, democracy is more than just elections. Thats why we are in the 'reforms first' position. No one wants to return to the situation as before the coup, no one but a handful of TVF posters that is.

Human Rights Watch has been heavily critical of the new regime. Thailand has less influence than the usual banana republic, few friends and no respect. Once sanctions start, and they will, this new junta will crumble. I would like to see them in the dock in the Hague and let's see how big they look then.

If a poll with junta favorable results is not believed, how much chance would an election have?

Anyway, democracy is more than just elections. Thats why we are in the 'reforms first' position. No one wants to return to the situation as before the coup, no one but a handful of TVF posters that is.

Turning back the clock is exactly what the reactionaries you are cheerleading for are after.

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

Turning back the clock is exactly what the reactionaries you are cheerleading for are after.

You're very helpful in your comments.

It would seem being reasonable and truthful in ones posts does leave some posters only with accusations of cheerleading, trolling, or whatever accusation of possible flaw in ones character.

So, countries vow, depending on what is asked and by whom and whether it's life of television or really, really confidential. In other words either "don't ask, don't tell" or just "if you don't want to get lied to, don't ask".

When PM Prayuth was an active soldier in the 90's did it bother him that Thailand was hosting, and giving lots of help to, an anti-government movement? I'm referring to those genocidal maniacs the Khmer Rouge.

Or are we not allowed to mention that?

Which western countries?

I doubt this is factual

It's called making it up and thinking that everyone is dumb enough to buy it. Used to work in the pre-internet era these guys still live in.

I was wondering ?

Australia actually bans the entire Junta running Thailand from setting foot on its soil and routinely is highly critical of both it and the LM laws.

Gotta laugh ?

Which western countries?

I doubt this is factual

I was wondering ?

Last time I looked, Australia was east of Thailand. And isn't Australia the country that welcomes Iranian fugitives to enter the country and settle there? I can't see Australia effectively banning anyone from setting foot on its soil.

If you go far enough west you will get to Australia as the earth are round in case you don't know. As they are a developed country where their police as a rule do their job. Iran never requested the extradition of the Iranian in question how would the Australian government have known he was a fugitive. They will keep the brown shirts out, you will never see your dear great leader shake the hand of the Australian PM on Australian soil.

Countries referred to as being westerner does not actually mean a country that is in the west exactly. It refers to any English speaking or European speaking countries. So name one of those countries.

Pure fiction.......the imagination of some of these people leaves so much to be desired......school kids in high positions!

My friends and me made up a fantasy country when we were kids, I was the president, another the supreme commander etc. Etc. This reminds me alot of