Newbies On Thaivisa

Zendesigner

Guest IT Manager
The mystery ? What mystery ?

First rule of Thaivisa; Don't talk about the mystery.

Mystery? Im still trying to get ###### to teach me the secret hand shake. Or was it the secret wai? :D

It's a wai. When you are an established member, you get the apron and rubber thongs and get taught the wai by an elderly Zen Designer.

After that you become a Gentleman and get annexed for 10,000 days. :o

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Later he married a lovely Thai lady who promptly stopped him from rorting people using skills he didn't have, to earn money he didn't deserve in locations he wasn't supposed to be. We just gave him a 7 day suspension, due to lack of interest.

IT

I know a LOT of British/Aussie slang but what is "rorting"?

Thanks...

good afternoon to you all :D:D . no mystery about new members as far as im concerned.. after living here and observing the forum for 2 years i can no longer keep my mouth shut !!!!!!!!!!!!! :o particularly in feference to the guy who things he is being tight !!!. lets not forget we are not all wealthy expats living in "farang enclaves ". some of us live in ordinary thai neighbourhoods and survive happily on what some would consider low incomes , and are happy with their lot !!! different strokes for different folks !!! lets not forget that !!!!

Welcome aboard, Possom.

But I've got a question: How could you be lurking this Forum for so long w/out giving your 2 cents worth?

The short time I've been here - some of the crackpot stuff being floated would have given Mother Teresa an ulcer! :o

It's a wai. When you are an established member, you get the apron and rubber thongs and get taught the wai by an elderly Zen Designer.

With those thongs and the front covering apron it will be A VERY DEEP BOWING WAI :o:D

Chonabot will oversee the Wai from behind :D

B

good afternoon to you all :D:D . no mystery about new members as far as im concerned.. after living here and observing the forum for 2 years i can no longer keep my mouth shut !!!!!!!!!!!!! :o particularly in feference to the guy who things he is being tight !!!. lets not forget we are not all wealthy expats living in "farang enclaves ". some of us live in ordinary thai neighbourhoods and survive happily on what some would consider low incomes , and are happy with their lot !!! different strokes for different folks !!! lets not forget that !!!!

yeah, exactly - that's what I'm talking about

well, good 2 know that not all "senior" members share the opinion f some other "senior" members

good to know that actually ur intention to bring in ppl - not to kick out , ######!

but often it happens as someone siad here: ppl feel reluctant or even intimidated to participate simply coz of some comments and mocking and judhgemental attitude and label sticking by particular "regulars"

common - if as u say this forum is for exchanging info then why need to mock and ridicule someone who ask for information. won't it be more natural and reasonable simply to give him/her such info ? otherwise many ppl get confusied: they think this forum (although perhaps not whole web site) is not informative but rather abusive...

yeah, me too have been following the differnet threads for few years.. I have registered some ID too b4 - but can't remember it now or its password.... so what?

anyway - is it sort of class discrimination or what - this dividing on newbies etc.?

someone might be newbie here but much more experienced, intelligent etc. in real life than certain "senior" members

or may be it is necessary to point it out in the rules: something like - rule #1 "senior" is always right; rule # 2 if senior is not right - then look and rule #1 ? but so far I don't recall anything like that ever mentioned here...

anyway - is it sort of class discrimination or what - this dividing on newbies etc.?

someone might be newbie here but much more experienced, intelligent etc. in real life than certain "senior" members

or may be it is necessary to point it out in the rules: something like - rule #1 "senior" is always right; rule # 2 if senior is not right - then look and rule #1 ? but so far I don't recall anything like that ever mentioned here...

The member titles only reflects the number of posts made by each member:

Newbie 0 - 9 posts

Member 10 - 29 posts

Advanced Member 30 - 99 posts

Senior Member 100 - 999 posts

Super Member 1000 - posts

Each member can easily change his own title in the Forum Control Panel.

We are using the standard setup for this forum software regarding the member titles. We could easily change this if we agree what to change and why.

The member titles only reflects the number of posts made by each member.......

exactly, geroge! I suspected as much... it's just a matter of quantity - not necessary or at all the quality of posts !

and behold: I have jumped to the next step from newbie - already a member now... :o:D but does it realy matter?

and may be tomorrow i'll get busy with my real life activities and not login here regularly and forget my login etc. - then come back after few mths or may be years and register under another ID and agian be newbie.... as it happened to me at least once already

I could as weel become super-puper advanced senior withi 24 hours - by typing non stop in all the threads..... which I suspect nearly the same what certain ppl do - just posting their wes "wise cracks" everywhere, mostly irrelevent of the threads' topic...

but the thing is: what for? to be able to look down on someone and say - hey, u r junior to me?

childhish...

personaaly I don't see it necessary to change any rules of this Forum - I trust that administrators do fair enough work of moderating it.... they would know better when and what to change...

just was making my point regarding some misperceptions.... and regarding label sticking....

thanks anyway! :D

good afternoon to you all :D:D . no mystery about new members as far as im concerned.. after living here and observing the forum for 2 years i can no longer keep my mouth shut !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D particularly in feference to the guy who things he is being tight !!!. lets not forget we are not all wealthy expats living in "farang enclaves ". some of us live in ordinary thai neighbourhoods and survive happily on what some would consider low incomes , and are happy with their lot !!! different strokes for different folks !!! lets not forget that !!!!

I suppose that is me as well :o

Mystery? Im still trying to get ###### to teach me the secret hand shake. Or was it the secret wai? :D

you are on a power trip ###### - if thats the strength of your power, you seem to have none. You are an antagonist and waffle on in stupid garb, to make yourself seem important - Whilst you consume copious amounts of Chang for political correctness, us inbreds consume a nice red with a nice meal.

Read your own forum rules and then you wouldnt get as much flak - you are only a man, like the rest of us men - act like one.

The member titles only reflects the number of posts made by each member.......

exactly, geroge! I suspected as much... it's just a matter of quantity - not necessary or at all the quality of posts !

Hit the nail on the head here, aaaaaa :o

Boon Mee

you are on a power trip ###### - if thats the strength of your power, you seem to have none. You are an antagonist and waffle on in stupid garb, to make yourself seem important - Whilst you consume copious amounts of Chang for political correctness, us inbreds consume a nice red with a nice meal.

Read your own forum rules and then you wouldnt get as much flak - you are only a man, like the rest of us men - act like one.

A man who posts with the aid of Roget and Oxford.

The man bit Gent ? by his own admission in one of his posts his wife said he is female.

But what would I know i live in another country and am ??? a palentolgist , no a philanderer, no a polymorphic no , well a eunic no that could be wrong too ,,,,

but I have big balls hey it

Guest IT Manager

I know it's a hard life you live, but at the end of the day, I really don't know what you are talking about.

You are essentially a troublemaker, short in the brain box, who in my opinion, we would be better off without.

The few salient, intelligent posts you make are far outweighed by the garbage, again merely my opinion, and as to power trips, well, it wasn't me discussing violence against members. To me, that is the power trip.

So, we make a new place for you and your chums to play. Stay there.

Please don't turn it into a slanging match either. If you are to be believed, it's beneath you.

Also it wasn't me who kicked you out last time.

Guest IT Manager

The man bit Gent ? by his own admission in one of his posts his wife said he is female.

But what would I know i live in another country and am ??? a palentolgist , no a philanderer, no a polymorphic no , well a eunic no that could be wrong too ,,,,

I am not certain I understand your point, Blonko, or if you had one.

I don't own a Rogets, and the Oxford gathers dust in the back of the library. Why would I need them anyway. Or do you mean when I use big words like "hillbilly" they confound you?

In drunken discussion under a lean-to with well known admin last night, I unveiled a pessemistic theory that several members create new avatars for themselves to further their own initiatives.

I was not contradicted; we were both fairly sauced; we retired to our loved ones.

I am not certain I understand your point, Blonko, or if you had one.

I don't own a Rogets, and the Oxford gathers dust in the back of the library. Why would I need them anyway. Or do you mean when I use big words like "hillbilly" they confound you?

Some competition for the Georgie-Gentleman "couple",...? :o

I know it's a hard life you live, but at the end of the day, I really don't know what you are talking about.

You are essentially a troublemaker, short in the brain box, who in my opinion, we would be better off without.

The few salient, intelligent posts you make are far outweighed by the garbage, again merely my opinion, and as to power trips, well, it wasn't me discussing violence against members. To me, that is the power trip.

So, we make a new place for you and your chums to play. Stay there.

Please don't turn it into a slanging match either. If you are to be believed, it's beneath you.

Also it wasn't me who kicked you out last time.

This is getting out of control very fast.

###### says that he is making us a "new place to play", and to "stay there", however, the gentleman was asked back with the proviso that he not contribute political posts, which means that he is not allowed in the Bear-Pit, so why is he being told to post there?

The whole thing was completely out of control before and the gent was banned and I came close. Why does anyone think that it is going to be any better now?

Either you plan on suspending everyone every time we get out of line, and boring everyone silly, or it will be worse than before.

You acted as if the whole thing was quite distasteful and you were happy to shut it down; What is admin.'s purpose for starting this up again.?

I think that it is time that admin take some credit for the Bear-Pit and the cat-fight that is going on in there. You have been told repeatedly that Americans don't want The Bear-Pit, but you act like you are doing us a favor by allowing it to exist. You know dam_ well what is going to happen when you put it there, but you pretend that it is just two nuts fighting it out, and nothing to do with you. Well who is setting the whole thing up?

You act as if it were distasteful that the gent and I get so personal, yet it is pretty obvious that the whole thing is a snooze unless we are constantly attacking each other!

As I've said before, if you guys are so innocent, so holier than thou, shut it down. If you want to entertain the masses with fights to the death, stop pretending that there is any decency to what you are doing. Stop pretending there are any rules. Quit threatening to throw us off and let us get on with it.

After all, this is a Thaivisa.com production! :D

Guest IT Manager

G-P have a look back through this thread. Political or not?

Bearpit.net is a place where you all can do it to each other all you want without changing other things that are important on thaivisa, such as information exchange etc, for people moving here, etc. It's being done, for you. Not us.

If that seems a mite self indulgent, so be it. I haven't seen you lot doing this around bangkoksexy, just here. Why is that?

IT/ADMIN

Off Topic

Oxford gathers dust ... ? Gee whiz, will that puppy to me! I used to kill slow hours at work reading an old dictionary. A Webster of thirty-ish or forty-ish vintage, it was a wonder of tidbits and inklings.

Really, now that the Bear Pit is gone, poured off like dross from the firey crucible of ThaiVisa, what little scoria the admins have left to deal with must seem piddling. I do have to wonder why a "robots.txt" might not have protected the now expatriated Bear Pit (Oh, the ignominy of being expat'd from an expat site!) and kept our meece (or mice) nested on ThaiVisa.

Sadly, IT's Oxford seems destined to be a dusty cadaver, the Bear Pit an unrequired visa run, and we slumber undisturbed by our peers political foibles, no longer perturbed by the symphony of trumpeting and braying. It will be, at best, a distant cacophony.

Jeepz