Report Offender or Not ?

cdmtdm

sounds like a can of worms. If he's affecting your business just by being in business(albeit illegally ) rather than hurting your business by unfair encroachment, I would probably advise acceptance of the situation.

If its the latter, then you have a word with him man to man; its a different set of circumstances then isn't it?

Can someone wake me up when it becomes clear what the offense actually is?

Thanks!

running an unregistered business , advt good for sale that are unavailable , no work permit, false address , promoting the business as a reg company ....

Sounds like you are both from the unbuilt condo salesmen brigade... kill him and then, kill yourself.

You say it's not Karma, but of course it is Karma. You have your Pros for reporting him, and the Cons for him by being reported. Which is the worse scenario? Remember, if you do get him deported, he very well might remember you for decades and sometimes people simply crack. Just sit him down and try to talk to him in a way that explains why your business is hurt by him. OK, let's say that doesn't work. Regardless, just think of all the people who will not use your business when they realize you got him deported. If you really don't care, why not just list your full name, citizenship, and business name. Exactly, because if in America maybe someone knows someone who knows someone and then things might, just might get more difficult. Then, a year late, you post a thread "hating life after I kicked out a foreigner, please help." Nobody would care. Yes, it's Karma.

Karma is just a made up concept, it means nothing in reality. Letting the criminal harm the OP's and other businesses is something which requires justice. I would personally stand up and support someone who helped rid us of a criminal. Your suggestion that the OP could get ostracized and therefore don't react is quite frankly spineless.

It all depends on a persons idea of what a criminal is, is a self employed person who does not declare 'all' his earnings a criminal? He may believe he is paying his share of tax, and he declares what he thinks is fair.

Are the UK MPs who are fiddling there expenses, draw their full MPs salary, then have second or even third jobs as solicitors, company directors etc, criminals? Is the UK government stealing from state OAPs by not giving them their annual pension increases criminals?

1. Not in my book.

2. Yes they are. Politicians should be given a generous wage and not be allowed to get money from any other means.

3. I am ignorant about the pensions thing.

Basically it all depends what this "criminal" is doing. We would probably all or mostly agree if we knew what the crime was as there is a grey area. Most of us have already broken the law today.

• Like 1

You say it's not Karma, but of course it is Karma. You have your Pros for reporting him, and the Cons for him by being reported. Which is the worse scenario? Remember, if you do get him deported, he very well might remember you for decades and sometimes people simply crack. Just sit him down and try to talk to him in a way that explains why your business is hurt by him. OK, let's say that doesn't work. Regardless, just think of all the people who will not use your business when they realize you got him deported. If you really don't care, why not just list your full name, citizenship, and business name. Exactly, because if in America maybe someone knows someone who knows someone and then things might, just might get more difficult. Then, a year late, you post a thread "hating life after I kicked out a foreigner, please help." Nobody would care. Yes, it's Karma.

Karma is just a made up concept, it means nothing in reality. Letting the criminal harm the OP's and other businesses is something which requires justice. I would personally stand up and support someone who helped rid us of a criminal. Your suggestion that the OP could get ostracized and therefore don't react is quite frankly spineless.

It all depends on a persons idea of what a criminal is, is a self employed person who does not declare 'all' his earnings a criminal? He may believe he is paying his share of tax, and he declares what he thinks is fair.

Are the UK MPs who are fiddling there expenses, draw their full MPs salary, then have second or even third jobs as solicitors, company directors etc, criminals? Is the UK government stealing from state OAPs by not giving them their annual pension increases criminals?

1. Not in my book.

2. Yes they are. Politicians should be given a generous wage and not be allowed to get money from any other means.

3. I am ignorant about the pensions thing.

Basically it all depends what this "criminal" is doing. We would probably all or mostly agree if we knew what the crime was as there is a grey area. Most of us have already broken the law today.

No 2. UK politicians already get a generous wage, they got a rise of 11% I think this year, while OAPs got about 2%.

No 3. British state pensioners have been contributing through their National Insurance payments all their working life for a pension when they retire. The ones who live in certain countries of which Thailand is one, have their pensions frozen at the same rate they were getting when they first came to Thailand, and some have been forced back to the UK because of it.