Foreigner, Dressed Like Thai Police Taking The Job Too Seriously

CarlTyson

I have seen him too outside Tukcom , and he reminds me a bit about this guy, Sgt. Eugene Tackleberry from the Police academy movies.

pa41.jpeg

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

One question in my mind about police volunteers (Thai nationals) and firearms: are Thai volunteers allowed to carry a concealed gun or a holstered gun while in uniform?

Are holders of a weapons permit allowed to carry a concealed gun - does Thailand differentiate between concealed guns and non-concealed guns, and are there special provisions for police volunteers?

One question in my mind about police volunteers (Thai nationals) and firearms: are Thai volunteers allowed to carry a concealed gun or a holstered gun while in uniform?

Are holders of a weapons permit allowed to carry a concealed gun - does Thailand differentiate between concealed guns and non-concealed guns, and are there special provisions for police volunteers?

Only the Police or Military are allowed a carry permit, concealed or non concealed.

However a concealed/carry permit is available for private citizens at a cost of around 2M Baht.

No Police volunteers Thai or otherwise can carry a firearm.

• Like 1

Some Thai police volunteers are allowed to carry holstered guns but most do not. Foreign volunteers are not authorised to do so.

Unlike foreign volunteers, they do carry - and are linked by - police radios.

The laws on guns are such that apart from the licence, it must be kept in its case, unloaded, with any ammunitions stored separately and have a good reason why it is in the vehicle at that time.

Open carry of guns whether licenced or not in any place deemed a public place is an offence whether holstered or not.

This is my understanding of the situation but would happily be corrected.

Some Thai police volunteers are allowed to carry holstered guns but most do not.

Say it isn't so ... sad.png

What defines if a Police Volunteer is 'allowed' or 'not allowed' to carry a gun?

I know we have a plethora of ex-SAS trained combatants amongst our ranks ... but do we have any 'Police Volunteers' to confirm this?

Thanks

Some Thai police volunteers are allowed to carry holstered guns but most do not.

What defines if a Police Volunteer is 'allowed' or 'not allowed' to carry a gun?

I know we have a plethora of ex-SAS trained combatants amongst our ranks ... but do we have any 'Police Volunteers' to confirm this?

Thanks

My understanding would be that the local Chief of Police has given them authority but I can't see how it's legal because they are not officially employed by the Police.

If they ever did shoot someone they could get sued for every baht they have, maybe including the Chief.

A real cop is protected by law and should have undergone firearms training but even he would not be immune from prosecution if he discharged his firearm irresponsibly as in the recent case of the Russian girl.

As Peter said anyone with a firearms license can keep a firearm in their vehicle with good reason but the firearm and ammo must be separate but you need a Bor 4 License for this a Bor 3 just allows you to store a firearm at home.

there used to be a copy-cop patrolling soi buchow by the market, he was only there a few weeks just after

the coup, but from what you could see he was sorting the idiots double parking ect and doing a good job.

did not witness any shouting and it was nice to see someone taking the laws seriously.

Thanks

My understanding would be that the local Chief of Police has given them authority but I can't see how it's legal because they are not officially employed by the Police.

If they ever did shoot someone they could get sued for every baht they have, maybe including the Chief.

A real cop is protected by law and should have undergone firearms training but even he would not be immune from prosecution if he discharged his firearm irresponsibly as in the recent case of the Russian girl.

As Peter said anyone with a firearms license can keep a firearm in their vehicle with good reason but the firearm and ammo must be separate but you need a Bor 4 License for this a Bor 3 just allows you to store a firearm at home.

Many local government officials are issued hand guns with permits. Along the border the local village heads often get a pump action shotgun to assist in the security of the country!!!

Many local government officials are issued hand guns with permits. Along the border the local village heads often get a pump action shotgun to assist in the security of the country!!!

They are working in an official capacity. Firearms have also been issued to civilians and teachers in the South.

In most of these cases they are not allowed to or shouldn't carry the firearm on their person.

They are working in an official capacity. Firearms have also been issued to civilians and teachers in the South.

In most of these cases they are not allowed to or shouldn't carry the firearm on their person.

Not a lot of point having them really!!!

Not a lot of point having them really!!!

Well a Village Headman and his son were gunned down with an AK47 just outside Pattaya about two years ago. I know him well and luckily both survived but he didn't have time to get his Semi-Auto shotgun or his Glock.