Thai iPhones - Fake & Real - What is Normal

Chao Lao Beach

So Santa has been asked to cough up a iPhone for a 14yo.

All the friends have iPhones, but I wonder how the heck ? The kids can never get money form their parents to go do anything else.

Is it standard for these non hiso Thai children to have fake iPhones ? Is that what is really meant when they say iPhone ?

How do these fakes compare to the genuine rip off ?

These iPhone6 look about 35,000b, that is nuts.

Regards, Santa thumbsup.gif

Dont get a fake the kids will know.

They dont compare. Quality... Os is sluggish and will break next week.

If you want to get a fake...dont. get a cheaper android.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

If thais can afford a iphone for their kids and you can't should you really be here then ? biggrin.png (standard thavisa remark)

But you don't n need to buy the latest one you could go for an iphone 4s they are a lot cheaper.

Alternatively go for samsung I know I like it a lot better as an Iphone.

If you do give them 'something' as a gift, be prepared to be disappointed when it's scratched, bent, broken, lost, stolen, drenched in water, loaned out (and not returned), played with for too many hours... etc. It's a gift. Let it go --Only wish I could do that, easily--.

A friend in Laos bought a previously stolen iPhone. It was stolen from him in under a week. Gotta love it.

My top-end price I'll pay for a mobile now is about 10k as I end up having to replace them every year. While I can sometimes find older iPhones for that, beyond having a fantastic camera I think they're too high maintenance and now prefer Android devices ... but try getting a 14yo to agree to that, even if it's a gift.

If thais can afford a iphone for their kids and you can't should you really be here then ? biggrin.png (standard thavisa remark)

But you don't n need to buy the latest one you could go for an iphone 4s they are a lot cheaper.

I can afford a new iPhone, but I would never throw away that kinda money on such useless overpriced crap. I guess that's why I have money. Thais on the other hand live in a tin shack and have the new iPhone and red plate car. I own my nice house and my car and keep my money in my bank account. Luckily my parents taught me to be smart with money.
  • Like 1

I can afford a new iPhone, but I would never throw away that kinda money on such useless overpriced crap. I guess that's why I have money. Thais on the other hand live in a tin shack and have the new iPhone and red plate car. I own my nice house and my car and keep my money in my bank account. Luckily my parents taught me to be smart with money.

The_Grinch_(That_Stole_Christmas).jpg

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

Following those links the:

i5c is 14,900 baht

i5s is 20k -22k baht

She asked for a 4s over a new Android with a bigger screen. Apparently these 4s are genuine and about 9000b.

Is it a decent beast the 4S ?

How do I know it is real if not buying from a applestore ?

What about grey's ?

Is it still a modern operating system, or can it run a current one ?

Whats the fascination with iPhone, like a out dated one compared to a latest model Android?

Hi,

I'd been tempted to go for an older model like the Iphone 4s secondhand off Ebay. Is it still capable of running modern-day Apps etc? Or it runs too slow?

Edited by katana

Sure if you could afford it you would but it. You just can't you need your money on the bank and take it with you when you die. I always like it how people say Thais can't pay for it. But they have it they own it and you don't. Often guys claiming they can afford it and look down on Thais are just angry the Thais have it and they don't.

Its a serious loss of face for them so they make up the story that all Thais have loaned money for it and cant afford it outright.

• Like 2

The 4S is still an excellent phone. Try and find one that's still running iOS 7 and don't update it since it apparently struggles with iOS 8.

Agreed, the 4s is a great phone. I have kept mine on IOS on 6.1.3 and it is very fast.

Even IOS 7 will slow it a down a bit, so I passed on that. Does 99% of what a new phone

does, at a fraction of the price.

The 4S is still an excellent phone. Try and find one that's still running iOS 7 and don't update it since it apparently struggles with iOS 8.

Agreed, the 4s is a great phone. I have kept mine on IOS on 6.1.3 and it is very fast.

Even IOS 7 will slow it a down a bit, so I passed on that. Does 99% of what a new phone

does, at a fraction of the price.

I am running iOS7.x on my 4S. Works great! I think this is Apple's best-ever smart phone. And I had a 5s and Samsung S4 before that (and iPhone 4 and 3G, too). Bought and sold them in weeks, and sought a used 4S. I will look for another used 4S in the new year to use as a backup.

BTW, back to the OP's original question: I bought my GF an Asus Zenfone 4 recently. For 4000 baht, you can buy 8 of them in a year and still have change left over from an iPhone 6. It's a pretty impressive Android phone.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp