Coldest temperature recorded on Doi Inthanon

Lite Beer

Coldest temperature recorded on Doi Inthanon

BANGKOK, 21 December 2014 (NNT1) - The Doi Inthanon mountain feels the coldest temperature of the year at -1C. As many as 5,000 people went up there on Saturday to enjoy the chilly weather.

The atmosphere at Doi Inthanon in Chom Thong district, Chiang Mai province, is liveliest during this period after temperatures continuously dropped. More than 10,000 tourists are expected to visit the mountain this weekend.

-1C, the coldest temperature this year, was recorded on the mountain on 21 December. The Doi Inthanon National Park warns tourists of the cold weather and strong winds and suggest them bring sufficient winter clothes. It also warns them to avoid taking pictures at dangerous spots and follow instructions of the national park’s staff.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-21 footer_n.gif

The headline implies that its the lowest ever temp recorded. -1 not unusual at this time of the year.

Agree. What would you expect on top of highest mountain in the cold season. News would be "warm weather on top of Doi Inthanon in winter" smile.png

My missus posted on facebook today,is very cold here this morning in Korat,is only 17C.I couldn't stop laughing,i walk around in a t-shirt and shorts here in Australia at that temp.geez i love her.cheesy.gifwai2.gif

I was not in EU since 4 + years and I think the body and how he feels get adjusted with time.

Have now 19 C. in the, on one side open kitchen in Udons countryside and moved the burning Gas cooker flame near my sitting! It feels cold! lol wink.png Really!

Edited by ALFREDO

My missus posted on facebook today,is very cold here this morning in Korat,is only 17C.I couldn't stop laughing,i walk around in a t-shirt and shorts here in Australia at that temp.geez i love her.cheesy.gifwai2.gif

What are you talking about? This is enough to declare it a disaster area. :-)