Distressed lawyer rescued from Phuket roof

webfact

Distressed lawyer rescued from Phuket roof
Eakkapop Thongtub

1419322839_9929-org.jpg
Police and locals try to persuade the man to come down.

PHUKET: -- A distressed local lawyer was wrestled into a cherry picker early this afternoon (December 23) after he climbed up on a roof in Thalad Yai, Phuket Town.

Local residents called police after they saw him pacing back and forth in his socks on the apex of the roof on Suthat Rd Soi 1, apparently steeling himself to jump.

One resident waching the drama unfold said, “He climbed from a three-storey building onto the rooftop of a nearby house. I’m afraid he is going to jump.”

The 45-year-old man, whose name was not revealed, was identify by locals as a lawyer from Bamroong Rungruang, a well known law firm in Thalad Yai.

Police tried to talk to the victim into coming down but he did not respond, instead continuing his ramble on the roof. Several times he stumbled and almost fell.

Two rescuers climbed onto the roof from the back of the house and another two went up in the cherry picker. The lawyer reacted frantically to their arrival, and it took the 30 minutes to corner him near the cherry picker and then wrestle him into the bucket.

Once on the ground, the sobbing man was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/distressed-lawyer-rescued-from-phuket-roof-50265.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-23

Lawyer jokes aside, the guys human and it could be anything from financial to health/mental problems.

Its clear as daylight here that empathy and aging seem to be inversely proportional.

The effect of living in the LOS seems to make people cynical and hardened perhaps due to constant scams by gold diggers and cheap value of life here.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

Lawyer jokes aside, the guys human and it could be anything from financial to health/mental problems.

Its clear as daylight here that empathy and aging seem to be inversely proportional.

The effect of living in the LOS seems to make people cynical and hardened perhaps due to constant scams by gold diggers and cheap value of life here.

Nothing to do with LOS it's what life does to you, wait a few more years

I don't see anyone rescuing him. I see people (including lazy police) taking photos or videos hoping he would jump or fall. <deleted>!!!

Seems like speculation.

I wasn't there.

I didn't see what was going on outside of the photos field of view. I wasn't theere.j

I don't know that the people were thinking that were taking photos or videos. I wasn't there.

I don't know the level of training of the police present. I wasn't there.

I don't know if anyone in the photo had equipment and/or training to initiate a rescue attempt. I wasn't there.

Some seem to have the answers to someone all of the possibilities. Certainly, they must have been there.

I hope the man gets the help he needs.

"Experts seem to come in all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, etc. The common denominator is that they seem to think they know more than anyone else, even if they have no direct connection or expertise to the issue at hand".

Edited by Benmart