Poll: Are you getting your fair share of yummy nuts everyday?

Jingthing

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seriously, are you getting your fair share of nuts everyday?

I am really BIG on the nuts.

Everyday I eat one Brazil nut, five almonds, and sometimes some peanuts or peanut butter as well.

Maybe that isn't even enough.

I only eat one Brazil nut because that type of nut is uncommon and very high in saturated fat.

Do y'all know that even though yummy nuts are high calorie, when eaten in moderation they are a very health promoting food?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/12/22/only-four-in-10-americans-eat-nuts-heres-why-thats-a-problem/

Nielsen said she's not sure why nut consumption increases with age. Studies have shown that as people age, their preference for sweets decreases and their preference for bitter tastes increases.

As referenced in the article, yes as I am getting older, I am eating more nuts! Go figure.

Edited by Jingthing

I eat roasted, unsalted peanuts every day with a few salted almonds mixed in to add to the heath benefits and taste. Just eating almonds alone is too expensive here.
Most nuts are not bitter. I'm not sure where that came from. Maybe they meant savory?

Edited by Ulysses G.

Indeed.

If it as a serious food question, it would have been in that Forum.

Or maybe the Health Forum.

Such are the joys of Thai Visa.

Vote for David48 ... he's not nutty ... thumbsup.gif

I'll take this opportunity to educate you, David, about the posting policies on the health forum.

It is explicitly forbidden on the main health forum to post popular press science news related to health.

Articles from scientific journals are acceptable.

If you don't believe me, just ask Sheryl.

The purpose of the health forum is to ask about specific health questions about yourself or other people you know, usually in Thailand.

Now it is true the rules are more lax on the I'm Too Fat health SUBFORUM where such popular press health and diet articles do seem to be tolerated.

Anyway, I knew clearly that posting this survey based on a popular press health article was definitely against the forum rules on the main health forum.

So I RESPECTED that, and didn't post there. So that's sorted.

Now as far as posting on a food forum, I could have done.

But this is not quite a standard type food topic ... it's more about nuts are good for you (fitting more in health which as I've explained I could NOT post this there under the rules).

So I had to find the best fit.

A food forum or the pub.

I chose the pub because:

1. It was a fun poll

2. It didn't fit perfectly in a food forum anyway

3. people like to make puns with the word nuts, so why not have a "bit of fun" and go with the flow?

Eating nuts is something that resonates with me. I have been eating more nuts in recent years and doing so every day than ever in my life and I feel it has been health promoting and also counter-intuitively a positive behavior for dealing with weight control issues.

So here with this poll backed up by a popular press article, I got the chance in a FUN FORMAT to share something I have already "discovered" for myself with many others who perhaps aren't yet aware of the great health benefits of eating nuts.

P.S. -- just saying you are "not nutty" is not proof of the assertion.

Edited by Jingthing

^^ JT ... what motivates you to reply post to something penned a week ago.

But nutty some say ... rolleyes.gif

I will tell you, dude.

Because your post was clearly just a way to promote your negative campaign for POTY by falsely accusing me of posting this topic incorrectly.

So instead of playing along with your transparent provocation game, I waited until after it was over to address this question.

I think the point needed to be addressed about the rules of the health forum as probably most people, not just you, aren't aware of that.

Any other obvious questions? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

^^ JT ... what motivates you to reply post to something penned a week ago.

But nutty some say ... rolleyes.gif

I will tell you, dude.

Because your post was clearly just a way to promote your negative campaign for POTY by falsely accusing me of posting this topic incorrectly.

So instead of playing along with your transparent provocation game, I waited until after it was over to address this question.

I think the point needed to be addressed about the rules of the health forum as probably most people, not just you, aren't aware of that.

Any other obvious questions? rolleyes.gif

"Because your post was clearly just a way to promote your negative campaign for POTY by falsely accusing me of posting this topic incorrectly." ... cheesy.gif

JT ... you may take the POTY seriously ... the rest of us see it as a bit of a lark.

It's going to be a long year ... facepalm.gif

JT, for the benefit of all the Forum, please turn the Paranoid Volume a few notches down.

"Because your post was clearly just a way to promote your negative campaign for POTY by falsely accusing me of posting this topic incorrectly." ... cheesy.gif

JT ... you may take the POTY seriously ... the rest of us see it as a bit of a lark.

It's going to be a long year ... facepalm.gif

JT, for the benefit of all the Forum, please turn the Paranoid Volume a few notches down.

whys you always speaking for the members of this forum? what you means the rest of us???

Just speaks for only you i thinks is best way

I never ever never would wants someone who posting like you speaking like you knows how i want and feel!!! bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

please i asking you, stop stalkering and being nasty to everyone here on forum

• Like 1

how do i generate a poll "The Most Ridiculous Threads of Thaivisa 2014" ? unsure.png

Starting a poll is a simple technical task. PM me if you really can't figure it out yourself.

The hard part would be you have only 20 choices in a poll and you'd actually have to research many thousands of threads to determine which ones to include in the 20. That would be a monumental task and of course totally subjective.