Arrest warrants out for nine Thai CSD police officers for taking bribes

webfact

What happened to the good old tradition to publicize their names one week in advance to give them a chance to pack up their toothbrushes and do the necessary preparations?

Not releasing their names has caused a problem. The entire police force has gone missing

• Like 2

so they picked on 9 (lucky number) when it is well known in thailand that EVERY police force control the soccer bets (via the collectors of course)

people have nailed it on here this is one big power struggle between the corrupt RTP and the equally corrupt Military.......in 3 years it will swing back to the police again

Close, but no cigar. This is not so much an RTP vs Military thing, but more ( for the sake of argument and oversimplification ) a "yellow" vs "red" thing and who they respectively support and idolize.

I agree. This seems more like one faction of police with certain loyalties correcting some imbalances in power (and taking retribution) against another faction with different loyalties. I don't think it is the army that is pulling the strings here.

Maybe, but then why did this faction wait until the army was in control to do what they want to do? I don't think they are operating in a vacuum.

• Like 1

so they picked on 9 (lucky number) when it is well known in thailand that EVERY police force control the soccer bets (via the collectors of course)

people have nailed it on here this is one big power struggle between the corrupt RTP and the equally corrupt Military.......in 3 years it will swing back to the police again

Close, but no cigar. This is not so much an RTP vs Military thing, but more ( for the sake of argument and oversimplification ) a "yellow" vs "red" thing and who they respectively support and idolize.

I agree. This seems more like one faction of police with certain loyalties correcting some imbalances in power (and taking retribution) against another faction with different loyalties. I don't think it is the army that is pulling the strings here.

Maybe, but then why did this faction wait until the army was in control to do what they want to do? I don't think they are operating in a vacuum.

Perhaps it is more a case of the Shin regime being "out of the picture", rather than the Military taking control.

IMHO, it currently has very little to do with the military. It is a "changing of the guard" within the police.

But orchestrated by the military. On another thread, 2 air force officers were jailed for life today for the murder of an environmentalist. But some posters will continue with the fantasy that the military is all good, the RTP all bad

And some posters, like yourself, will continue with the fantasy that anyone who is anti-PTP is also pro-military, pro-Democrat, pro-Suthep, Abhisit etc etc.

Many of the posters on TVF, myself included, are anti-PTP and would love to see all the corrupt leeches in Thailand made accountable for their actions, no matter which side they are on.

Show me an example of any poster claiming the Military are "all good". If you come up with one I will probably think it was a troll looking for a bite from someone like you Prbkk.

For the one hundredth time, two wrongs don't make a right. Pointing out the wrongdoings of the Military, the Democrats, the "yellows", Suthep and Abhisit etc does not absolve the Shin regime of their crimes.

Pretty well nails it!!

You could start with this Reuters report - http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/09/28/us-thailand-corruption-idUSTRE68R0RZ20100928, but a simple Google search will provide more evidence than anyone could ever need.

So, a 4 year old article, under the Abhisit government, containing at best allegations and speculations, while listing two instances that are best considered 'dumb purchases' (a defective blimp and the GT-200 detectors)? That's it?

So, to make sure I get this right - you have absolutely zero evidence for corruption under the present military regime or non-penalized corruption in the current day under the military? Ok, got it.

Just to add, in support of your post, that the first GT-200s were procured back in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT200

Doesn't that precede the current regime by a decade ? facepalm.gif

Having said which, when any beneficiaries of corruption are brought-to-book or removed from the trough, it ought to be applauded, be they police or military or politicians or bureaucrats or whomever. There seem always to be plenty more to be targeting !

• Like 1

What DaffyDuck fails to appreciate, having spent the last 30 years in Thailand sucking up to the military, is that every successful corruption enquiry in the world produces evidence of wrong-doing by having three necessary preconditions:

1. A complete respect for the rule of law and rules-based processes
  2. A willingness to protect whistleblowers, whatever it takes
  3. The ability to compel anyone to give evidence without the legal protections against self-incrimination

What do we have in Thailand?

1. The "big man" syndrome
  2. A defamation law designed to protect the guilty
  3. A proud tradition of drive-by executions of those who dare speak out

Evidence? In Thailand? It's never going to happen.

• Like 2

Because with the army in support of such crack downs, this faction no longer has to fear repercussions by doing the right thing. Edited by DaffyDuck

Because with the army in support of such crack downs, this faction no longer has to fear repercussions by doing the right thing.

So let's just cut to the chase, OK, Daffy? You are in support of a fascist military dictatorship which took control of a country by force and which is suppressing among other things free speech, even threatening to throw the owner of a newspaper in prison for criticising him.

What part of that is untrue?

• Like 1

Considering these are opinion based assertions, I would posit none of it is true.

But if it makes you feel better thinking so, to support your narrative of a paranoid worldview, go right ahead.

You really should learn what the words that you are fond of using actually mean, though.

Edited by DaffyDuck

Considering these are opinion based assertions, I would posit none of it is true.

But if it makes you feel better thinking so, to support your narrative of a paranoid worldview, go right ahead.

You really should learn what the words that you are fond of using actually mean, though.

I know what everyone of those words mean or I wouldn't have used them. Look them up. Their practice is in the news.

JOC, any comments on this?

What do you think...........ain't they doing a good job?

Don't worry, it takes time but even you will eventually understand.

You are the one here, who really haven't got a clue about, what is going on!!

Skinny and Fat both know a man. Skinny lost!!

How woukd he know. Hr spends all day posting rubbish on this forum.

Annoying how these naive newcomers think wrongly that the army are doing a good job.

stick the pub Cistas as no one here respects your posts.

IMHO, it currently has very little to do with the military. It is a "changing of the guard" within the police.

But orchestrated by the military. On another thread, 2 air force officers were jailed for life today for the murder of an environmentalist. But some posters will continue with the fantasy that the military is all good, the RTP all bad

I think this has more to do with a certain divorce! A family out of favour with another, who have asked the military to put a stop to what was overlooked before due to connections. It is interesting to see that no Politicians have been arrested? IMO this is because this is not about clearing out corruption. Just putting to an end to the corruption of one family and its extended relatives and hangers on.

Edited by ggold
  • Like 2