where to buy climbing shoes?

stevehaigh

does anyone know where i can buy new or used climbing shoes?

i'm in phuket but can easily pop over and check something out.

also, anyone interesting in teaming up for a climb sometime? i climb at about the 5-7 to 5-9 level, so not super strong, just enjoy getting out on the rock

steve

UPDATE, i just found this http://www.basecamptonsai.com/climbing_gear_shop.htm which looks interesting but still like to know if there as anyplace i might find some second hand shoes cheap. also, really love to find a climbing partner over there. i can jump in my car anytime and get over to krabi in a few hours

Edited by stevehaigh

sports outlet on the road to the airport sell them,we went up naga peak last week the 2nd highest point in krabi ,i forgot to buy shoes the night before so done it in flip flops about 5 hours up there and back down.

attachicon.gifIMG_4412.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4410.jpg

i mean real rock climbing shoes, they are very specialized things, not at all like regular running shoes or something so not sure if you know that. most normal sport shops don't carry climbing gear but maybe in krabi they do, i'll check it out, thanks

http://gearx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/jpeg4.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the shops on Railey and Tonsai sell new shoes, not cheap though. They have a lot of second hand shoes but they're used for hire. They might sell you a pair if you ask nicely (offer decent money). On Tonsai Wee's climbing school use to have the best selection, although it's been while since I have been there and even longer since I have climbed there. I do miss it, but there has been some development on the main land that's been getting some traffic. I believe that will be the future of climbing down south once Tonsai succumbs to the tourist dollar and starts to build big resorts.

As far as I know, the only place to buy gear is on Tonsai or Railay. Basecamp Tonsai does sell new shoes and has a decent selection. Only one brand though.

I've been climbing a lot at Chong Phli and occasionally go to Ton Sai and Railay. Let me know when you get shoes and we can go climbing.