Former CIB chief and five officers sacked

Lite Beer

Well, it could'nt possibly be that cop in the photo, he has got such a nice innocent friendly face. thumbsup.gif

So did Tony Soprano.

Where in the Thai situation does he fit in, and what did he do ? sad.png

He was perhaps, along with Al Capone, the most famous mafia bosses. He did what mafia godfathers do and had an innocent baby face.

Everything refers to him being the head of the CIB.

The photograph doesn't.

What in the photo says that he's CSD?

the badge om his left arm - กองปราบปราม - Criminal Suppression Division. This Division is the main division of the CIB but the commander of the CIB is not the same as the Commander of the CSD.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=AEyeVMmrIoyXuATx54DICQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1315&bih=649

He was with the CSD before he was head of CIB, perhaps that photo was taken then. Regardless of your doubtful suspicions, when he was arrested he was Commander of the CIB.

Well, it could'nt possibly be that cop in the photo, he has got such a nice innocent friendly face. thumbsup.gif

So did Tony Soprano.

Where in the Thai situation does he fit in, and what did he do ? sad.png

He was perhaps, along with Al Capone, the most famous mafia bosses. He did what mafia godfathers do and had an innocent baby face.

He wasn't, the difference between Al Capone and Tony Soprano was that Al Capone wasn't a fictional character in a television series.

Does anyone know if this also means stripped of rank and benefits? In most countries, police charged with corruption would be suspended with or without pay pending a fair trial. Also, what about another ex-cop living overseas who still seems to hold his rank even though he has actually been tried and convicted?

Yes but everybody knows, that was a military inspired political Kangaroo Court. completely different to this lot. wai2.gifwai2.gif

He broke the law, got caught. His lawyers tried to bribe the judges, got caught. He asked permission to leave promising to come back, lied as usual. and chose to become a fugitive. He's a convicted criminal with 15 more serious outstanding charges waiting should he return before their statute of limitations expires.

Just another crook who got caught but is able to use his vast wealth to avoid punishment and orchestrate effective PR. That is the only difference. All corrupt parasites.

• Like 1

A black cat was caught and locked into a box.
On the front of the box there's a sign saying: "black cat!"
"Don't open the box!
Don't ask any questions!
Don't be curious!
You MUST believe that this is a black cat!"
Now, may I ask you, what color is the cat in the box?
It doesn't matter how the black cat is like, it's black for sure.
It doesn't matter how you would prove it, how people judge it, which question they ask - a black cat is black.
Therefore you surely don't need to be afraid when people judge, ask questions or when they are curious.

But if the black cat wouldn't be black,
then you would surely not let anyone open the box....
Whatever the story is, If you can't ask questions, if you're not allowed to judge yourself in a civilized way, you can most probably not really believe it.
Edited by kriswillems

I find some of these news sources very unreliable and misleading.

Firstly, the guy was as far as I remember commander of the CSD not the larger CIB.

Secondly, we all know who gave the orders or do we, if not then it is misleading.

Thirdly, Somyot Poompunmuang and his connection to to the Koh Tao case and his connection to the PAD

So much that can't be said and so much that will be assumed by many who don't read Thai or follow Thai politics.

I sympathize with the press as they just CANT tell us the truth.

you Sir assume that others read the Thai newspapers and see between the lines;speak to Thai friends about delicate matters etc.

I know who gave the orders. I know what happens in coups as I've seen many in Thailand.

The top police are always the first to go.

The top Army are just as bad but in a different way. Its all about gaining and protecting power.

At this delicate time in Thai history i.e near the end of a Dynasty, there is a hellava lot at stake.

Not questioning the veracity of the accusations--they may (or may not) be true--but I wonder if this more of a political move than a genuine effort to fight to end corruption. Throwing in the LM charge certainly makes it look that way...

A political move...hmm you may be on to something.

Where did you form that opinion? whistling.gif

Does anyone know if this also means stripped of rank and benefits? In most countries, police charged with corruption would be suspended with or without pay pending a fair trial. Also, what about another ex-cop living overseas who still seems to hold his rank even though he has actually been tried and convicted?

Yes but everybody knows, that was a military inspired political Kangaroo Court. completely different to this lot. wai2.gifwai2.gif

He broke the law, got caught. His lawyers tried to bribe the judges, got caught. He asked permission to leave promising to come back, lied as usual. and chose to become a fugitive. He's a convicted criminal with 15 more serious outstanding charges waiting should he return before their statute of limitations expires.

Just another crook who got caught but is able to use his vast wealth to avoid punishment and orchestrate effective PR. That is the only difference. All corrupt parasites.

Any self respecting kangaroo that knew Thaksin's criminal history would kick <deleted> out of him ! wai2.gif

Not questioning the veracity of the accusations--they may (or may not) be true--but I wonder if this more of a political move than a genuine effort to fight to end corruption. Throwing in the LM charge certainly makes it look that way...

Well - it may be blindingly obvious ... but then that leaves you to explain why a lot of other posters here seem to think this is just part of the clean-up (of corruption) promised by the current regime. wink.png

Edited by Docno

Only 'a military inspired political Kangaroo Court' for Dr Thaksin and his fans...

Point is 'he' was tried and convicted, and should have automatically been stripped of his rank (...and not promoted by his goons). While here those suspected (that's what they are till todat, nothing more) 'gang' members (I don't have an atom of sympathy for NB) have yet not even been formally charged, but have already been thrown out...

That's what's completely different, and shouldn't be at all: the Rules! Which shouldn't be bent, for nobody, no-one, ...or, then: there are no Rules!

A 'political move' laugh.png You are joking, aren't you? rolleyes.gif I remember when this affair blew up, in the media I mean, there were a few red propagandists here very fast calling it a part of the epuration of Shins' friends in the RTP, but they've, quite soon, gone very silent... Where have you been? You really don't know, do you? Hooo, and we, we are not allowed to tell you here, what a shame sad.png Well, just maybe that it is 'possibly' not motivated by 'a genuine effort to fight to end corruption' whistling.gif

Well - it may be blindingly obvious ... but then that leaves you to explain why a lot of other posters here seem to think this is just part of the clean-up (of corruption) promised by the current regime. wink.png

you really should be niecer about this