Looking For A Good And Reliable Phone For My Wife...

lostinisaan

Get her a samsung - there are many from 2-5k

good = cheap, 2/5 k ? dude buy your lady a good android with a 5 " screen if you want her to learn, it so much easier with a larger phone. do not retard her with a cheapie micro mini phone. treat her like you would want to be treated & taught , nuff said :-)

I'll visit Telewiz and look for a Samsung. Mine is already six, or seven years old and very reliable. Thanks for all posts.

huh... did your phone come with a back-up set of bean cans & ball of twine? :-)

As I stated in the other thread

Determine how much you are willing to pay and then give her the money and let her buy what she wants, Otherwise, you are going to be on the hook for Tech Support for as long as she has the phone and if she doesn't like it, you are going to get the blame

• Like 1

As I stated in the other thread

Determine how much you are willing to pay and then give her the money and let her buy what she wants, Otherwise, you are going to be on the hook for Tech Support for as long as she has the phone and if she doesn't like it, you are going to get the blame

Not weird it is a comment made by my Thai wife which means people have very strong views about their mobile phones, it is an image issue, and they have strong views similar to religious and political affiliation

If you truly believe iPhone is the greatest then I suggest you read and understand the specification of the iPhone and say a Samsung Galaxy. Then look at the price and decide is the US$250+ that you are paying more than the Samsung for the iPhone really worth it? A lot of people believe the hype they are sold by Apple. Do you really want a phone that everything you want to do is dictated by the manufacturer? That you cant upgrade without returning it to Apple? You cant even change the battery yourself, it has to be returned to Apple.

If you are have with this then fine buy an iPhone. Incidentally the finger print "security" feature was hacked within 24 hours of it appearing on the market...........that is some security. They do feel nice in the hand but for me anyway, they are not worth the money.

If Telewitz is 1-2-call then check into the Lumia 535, a new phone from Microsoft. Worth the money and for sure AIS has a special on the price. This is NOT a Nokia.

Of course it's a Nokia in the sense that Microsoft own Nokia. But have decided to rebrand all Lumia phones as Microsoft as they run Microsoft Windows!

Although Windows Phone is a good Operating System, I wouldn't choose it because of the missing or crippled apps.

For example, all Thais use "Line", but the WP app is lacking Video chat, Timeline and Line Games (and a few things more).

Similar restrictions apply to the Facebook app.

Every Android phone in the 5000 Baht range, running Kitkat or above, will do a better job for the wife, because all "important" apps are available..

I have found the smaller models fiddly and somewhat frustrating to use in the past. These are the ones mostly in the Samsung sub-5k bracket She will probably get more fun out of one of the larger models but as others have mentioned involve her in the process and make the purchase an activity to share. If the OP can stretch the budget to 10k a lot more on offer.

Edited by SheungWan

You are wasting your time with any other phone - iphone 6 is the only phone to have. Say anything else you are fooling yourself and your wife.

not when your on a budget..... it can get you 6 Zenfones and they are not 6 times worse then an iPhone....

Talking about mobile phones is like talking about religion or politics

The phones are about deliverables. The OP wants to know which ones are good enough and can be purchased within a budget. He is not asking to know what the top of the range 'religious' purchase should be.

If OP would spend some times reading reviews instead of listen to the "experts" in Thaivisa he would make a better choice ;)!