I am looking for perfume and dye free laundry soap.

circusman

Multiple members of my family have sensitive skin. We have been using the Big C house brand of liquid laundry soap for babies for several years now. We also do a second rinse to reduce the soap residue. It comes in 1 liter and 3.5 liter plastic jugs.

Grin

use borax, avaliable at chinese chemists and elsewhere, as noted on another topic discussion. it was marketed at one time as ''[ 20 mule team borax laundry detergent'' if smell is wanted add a small sliver of your favorite hand soap.

use borax, avaliable at chinese chemists and elsewhere, as noted on another topic discussion. it was marketed at one time as ''[ 20 mule team borax laundry detergent'' if smell is wanted add a small sliver of your favorite hand soap.

Slapout, if you'll permit me, 'borax' by itself is NOT a detergent. It's a water softener that works in conjunction with detergents. The laundry product marketed as '20 mule team borax laundry detergent' was such a combination. The borax makes the water softer so there is more penetration of the detergent into the fibers of the clothing, getting everything cleaner. It's a great addition for use in getting soap residue out of clothing in the rinse cycle.

• Like 1

Slapout, if you'll permit me, 'borax' by itself is NOT a detergent. It's a water softener that works in conjunction with detergents. The laundry product marketed as '20 mule team borax laundry detergent' was such a combination. The borax makes the water softer so there is more penetration of the detergent into the fibers of the clothing, getting everything cleaner. It's a great addition for use in getting soap residue out of clothing in the rinse cycle.

my remark about '' 20 mule team detergent is confusing'' sorry. borax is sometimes used as a scouring agent for stains,etc. it was regularly used in washing clothes with a sliver of soap added, thus becoming a laundry detergent. thanks folk guitar for pointing this out.

All the chemical places that are frequently mentioned on here have all the unscented liquid soaps and detergents and shampoos so that you can add your own smell or colour.

Much cheaper than the supermarkets.

I did try to make our own strong laundry detergent which then involved buying platic measuring jugs and a lot of mixing and stirring.

I hated chemistry then and I hate it now.

Since then I buy detergent direct from the professional hotel laundry people in 20kg buckets for 900bt.

All the chemical places that are frequently mentioned on here have all the unscented liquid soaps and detergents and shampoos so that you can add your own smell or colour.

Much cheaper than the supermarkets.

I did try to make our own strong laundry detergent which then involved buying platic measuring jugs and a lot of mixing and stirring.

I hated chemistry then and I hate it now.

Since then I buy detergent direct from the professional hotel laundry people in 20kg buckets for 900bt.

If you could name and address some of these places in a pm I would be grateful.

• 3 weeks later...

Amway concentrated laundry detergent.

Thats my answer as well, Amway SA8 concentrated laundry detergent. No perfumes, or other additives. In fact you can use this to run a couple cycles thru the washer without laundry, to clean the perfume residue off the tub that has caked on over its life. If you dont do that first, the SA8 will break that old stuff down and can mix it with the first couple loads of laundry, giving the clothes an unsavory odor which would be blamed on the soap alone, which isnt the case.