Third suspected death caused by cold weather

Lite Beer

Third suspected death caused by cold weather
The Sunday Nation

KHORAT: -- A 42-year-old man was found dead - possibly from the cold weather - in front of his home in Nakhon Ratchasima's Muang district yesterday morning.

There was no sign of fighting at the scene and the man, who reportedly had a chronic illness, had no wounds on his body. This led police to suspect that Kalong Sinmai's body went to shock and became unconscious because of the cold, leading to his death. After his body was found at 9.30am, witnesses told police the man had a drinking party with relatives the previous night before falling asleep in the front yard where he was found dead. His body will be submitted for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

This was the third reported death of a person because of the winter chill this month. On Friday, another Nakhon Ratchasima man, Hom Rungreung, 65, was found dead with no wounds - in a tent in his home's front yard, while Phrae man Subin Jaiwan, 26, was also found dead - reportedly because of heart failure induced by coldness, at his home.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Third-suspected-death-caused-by-cold-weather-30251142.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-04

................................"After his body was found at 9.30am, witnesses told police the man had a drinking party with relatives the previous night before falling asleep in the front yard where he was found dead.".........................

It would not take a member of the CSI Miami team to work out what killed him, and it was not just the cold weather.

Edited by mikemac

how about he just drank too much at one time and died?

not uncommon...

and a story about how cold it is without reporting the temperatures?

I do have to say I was freezing my a** off in Hua Hin last night riding on my scooter in shorts and a tee shirt...

I am keeping a jacket on board from now on...

how about he just drank too much at one time and died?

not uncommon...

and a story about how cold it is without reporting the temperatures?

I do have to say I was freezing my a** off in Hua Hin last night riding on my scooter in shorts and a tee shirt...

I am keeping a jacket on board from now on...

So it was too cold for you but the low temperature can have nothing to do with a Thai's death? Double standards.

Notice also that the story you reported about your arse had no mention of the temperature either. Double standards.

• Like 1

This case shouldn't be too hard to see through, as many has pointed out.

Chronic illness

Booze until he passed out outside

A body not used to the weather.

Although it's not really cold anywhere here exept doi inthanon, it's still cold enough to get sick. I have catch a cold as well and haven't put on the fan even here in bkk.

And i am from Sweden. I know what real cold feels like... But there is a huge difference since whole of Sweden, including all buildings, are pepared for cold, not for heat.

Being used to 25+ year around here it's not hard to see how people in the north complain on weather between 10-15c I went to Chiang Rai a few weeks ago and had to buy a jacket after one night out...

So they can't positively identify that he is dead or alive?

Third suspected death ....

They use to know when people died in Thailand, they lay down, But some Thais don't move, even when stood up, So now the Thai government has issued a statement, "would all dead people please lay down" , so as they can distinguish the workers from dead people,

Edited by Thongkorn

So they can't positively identify that he is dead or alive?

Third suspected death ....

They use to know when people died in Thailand, they lay down, But some Thais don't move, even when stood up, So now the Thai government has issued a statement, "would all dead people please lay down" , so as they can distinguish the workers from dead people,

I assume you are lying down. Your post would indicate that you are totally brain dead. Don't worry I will switch off the machine on my way out.

Hey all you guys bashing the Thais for being "weak", use you ducking heads, the Thai live in a warm climate of 80-90 Fahrenheit if you guys need calculations to Celsius just let me know, there bodies are used to warm climates, they never have never had to deal with cold climate before so there bodies go into shock, last year during the cold season, same time as this, I had to ride my bike with jeans, 2 shirts, my North Face Vest and Jacket and gloves while I rode, and it was only 74F, I have lived here for 13 years and that was <deleted> cold for me, my daughter had to wear a heavy jacket to school since they all stand outside for the Kings Anthem and all the other kids where wearing heavy jackets and hats.

So stop bashing the Thais that is all this board does is bash Thai people and Thai women, this is basically a looser board from what I read everyday, I rarely post since I have a life and no time to play slap and tickle on the net with you trolls.

• Like 2

Hey all you guys bashing the Thais for being "weak", use you ducking heads, the Thai live in a warm climate of 80-90 Fahrenheit if you guys need calculations to Celsius just let me know, there bodies are used to warm climates, they never have never had to deal with cold climate before so there bodies go into shock, last year during the cold season, same time as this, I had to ride my bike with jeans, 2 shirts, my North Face Vest and Jacket and gloves while I rode, and it was only 74F, I have lived here for 13 years and that was <deleted> cold for me, my daughter had to wear a heavy jacket to school since they all stand outside for the Kings Anthem and all the other kids where wearing heavy jackets and hats.

So stop bashing the Thais that is all this board does is bash Thai people and Thai women, this is basically a looser board from what I read everyday, I rarely post since I have a life and no time to play slap and tickle on the net with you trolls.

USA? (just thinking of the F, but I know there are others out there using the same system). If so it does explain how you might have easier to relate than some here since (if that is) your nation, has really cold winters up in Seattle or or Chicago, while nice weather year around in Florida and Southern California, as far as I have understood(?) Never been there so can't say too much.

Anyway, completely agree, what is "weak" anyway? I would like to see many of the people here working in a rice field in May without being soaked in sweat. While Thais do sweat most don't even come close to the pools of body-liquid we exhaust in the heat. My wife sweat around her nose and that's about it. I sweat everywhere until I get soaked if I work outside a hot day, and I drink about 3-4 liters water more than most of my fellow men (some of them don't even touch water for the day and stick to Lao-Khao "vodka". Very bad decision from a health perspective I would guess, but who am I to judge. As long as they stay drunk on the fields while working and not on the roads in traffic I see no harm, except personal harm, but that's up to each and everyone, at least that's my stand).

(reading all the bashing is part of the fun here though, in a sad way. It's just baffling how so many people can be so negative and find so many wrongs in the people around them, and in the same time complaining on being called "farang" or similar stuff, claiming it is pure racism against them)

(420? haha :) )

Grew up with cold weather. Went winter camping. When I first came to Thailand, the heat was unbearable. Finally acclimated, now when I visit home I can't take the cold. Body adjusts. Who knows why this dude died. Probably drank too much and body quit.