Transferring funds out of Thailand

Lots of words have been poured over this subject in previous posts, Google and you shall find..

but again, what money how much money and many other question are needed to be answered

before you find what you need to know.....

• Like 1

About 4 years ago I sold a house in Thailand, I was able to transfer the money out easily, albeit I had to split it into 3 transfers to keep the transfer within acceptable limits - I think I did it in 3 x £20k chunks.

And were you able to do this without any paperwork, paying taxes, etc.?

just recently i noticed at the airport that you can take out up to 2 mio bt undeclared to either cambodia or burma

much less to any other destination.

Where did you notice this at the airport? Which airport?

just recently i noticed at the airport that you can take out up to 2 mio bt undeclared to either cambodia or burma

much less to any other destination.

Where did you notice this at the airport? Which airport?

Was it on the toilet wall?

The question regarding transferring funds out of Thailand? There is a form that you will need in order to due so without any problems. The reason I did this is because I just bought a Free Hold Condo for 12 million baht and was informed about the form from one of the agents that was selling the condo. I have an account with SCB and they are familiar with the operation of listing everything that you have transferred into your account and will put the amount on the form. As you are familiar with Thailand and how they operate, sometimes they don't always consistent with their policies and if you are transferring a large sum out of country, you do not want to risk running into any problems.