Whiskey Franchise

hlfourie

That's why Laphrong sells so well in America; it tastes like Jim Beam.

Can't believe that a single malt Whisky with a peaty flavour tastes the same as spirit made from corn.biggrin.png

It gets a lot of the flavor from the barrel not the mash. But it don't make much difference anyway as both Jim Beam and Laphrong are Japanese whiskeys.

Edited by thailiketoo

Can't believe that a single malt Whisky with a peaty flavour tastes the same as spirit made from corn.biggrin.png

It gets a lot of the flavor from the barrel not the mash. But it don't make much difference anyway as both Jim Beam and Laphrong are Japanese whiskeys.

So because the brands, 200 years after they were established in the US and Scotland respectively, are now owned by a Japanese company they are considered to be Japanese Whiskies?facepalm.gif

So because the brands, 200 years after they were established in the US and Scotland respectively, are now owned by a Japanese company they are considered to be Japanese Whiskies?facepalm.gif

Same as a Kiwi fella racing on an American Yacht is considered American for the sake of the America's cup. Might as well call a spade a spade. What kind of bread does Vie de France Yamazaki make in Bangkok? Or can Sony really make a good movie about Pearl Harbor? smile.png Below is a test which man should be making Jim Beam?

post-187908-0-98492800-1420517272_thumb.

post-187908-0-52693700-1420517289_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Thais refer to all kinds of alcohol as whiskey, so I don't think the course etc. Will be on making high end stuff like Jim beam. But mayby a homebrew for local whiskey or rice wine.

making high end stuff like Jim beam ROFL.

JB, top shelf?

Makers Mark yes, JB, still shaking head and laughing.

laphroig,talisker and lagavullin i would call whiskey and not the bourbon trash...

You are right, but I will not make advertisment for a single malt brand in general, the entire speyside produce good stuff and don't forget the Islays, but nothing under 12 years old.

Anyway I prefare german Schnaps made of fruits for example: Plum, Pear, Cherry, Apple, Mirabelle, etc

Schnaps is much more healty as for example Whisky and IMO also taste much better.

Schnaps is much easier to produce, no storage time, finshed after destilling, you have only to follow some simple rules and don't use any flavour or sugar all this produce headache.

laphroig,talisker and lagavullin i would call whiskey and not the bourbon trash...

Kind of like saying British cuisine. Oxymoron eh? If you want to play ethnocentric, two can play.biggrin.png

Do you even know the difference between Bourbon and a single malt? When Jim Beam is done with their whiskey barrels instead of throwing them in the trash they sell them to Laphroig to make their little whiskey over there.

Of course Laphroaig buys their barrels, as they burn through a lot of wood to distill their Whisky, and JB probably has an abundance of barrels all the time anyway.

Mate, I think you lost your taste. wink.png

You must be sick even considering this.

The brother in law of my GF has 120 Rai Sugarcane fields, I once reckoned I could destill Cachazza open ended. When I learned what it needs to get an official license to produce potable alcoholic Whiskies, Rums or Sugar Cane Cachazzas, labelled. I gave up.

It is nearly impossible to get a license for producing homemade brands of alcoholic specialties in Thailand, unless your Wife has a realtive within the family of the Governeur of the province

What's it you want to ferment? There's rice, there's Sugarcane. There's pineapple, that will make a tasty Schnaps.

Jim Beam ? Whiskies ? How the heck do you intend to call your destillate - if ever legal - a whisky ?

Mekong is from sugarcane, as are all other Thai Whiskies. Don't bluff me with the rice-destillate. Utter BS. Maybe rice destillate is used for blending.

To produce a high quality Schnaps I would have a try with sweat Mangos, but not for cheap sell and for sure moonshine.

I see you don't having any idea about producing spirits.

For example Laphroaig(Islay): for this Brand are 3 main parameter responsible for the taste.

1. The Mash is made with this typical local peatwater(Moss).

2. The wooden barrel.

3. The storage place Laphroaig Wiskeys are stored close to sea.

Laphroaig is owned by a Japanese trust, but still produced on Islay(Hebrides) Scotland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laphroaig_distillery

http://www.laphroaig.com/

Same as a Kiwi fella racing on an American Yacht is considered American for the sake of the America's cup. Might as well call a spade a spade. What kind of bread does Vie de France Yamazaki make in Bangkok? Or can Sony really make a good movie about Pearl Harbor? smile.png Below is a test which man should be making Jim Beam?

I know only "Eau de Vie" destilled fruits made in France. whistling.gifgiggle.gif

The best of these kind of stuff is made in Alsace/France.

Thais refer to all kinds of alcohol as whiskey, so I don't think the course etc. Will be on making high end stuff like Jim beam. But mayby a homebrew for local whiskey or rice wine.

making high end stuff like Jim beam ROFL.

JB, top shelf?

Makers Mark yes, JB, still shaking head and laughing.

JB & JD's is top shelf stuff if one used to drinking 100 pipers or lao kho

• Like 1