Where can I teach someone to drive

corkman

Hi All,

In my home country, I would take them to a outdoor carpark or an industrial estate, early in the morning at a weekend, when there is no one about.

Where in Bangkok can I take someone to teach them how to drive?

Thanks.

I would suggest an outdoor carpark or an industrial estate, early in the morning at a weekend, when there is no one about.

Yes - but where? I don't know of any in the city!

What do locals do?

Where do they go?

Edited by corkman

Close to my home is the Crystal Design Center, and the Crystal Park shopping center. Both of these have large parking areas. Further down the road towards Ram Indra, the parking lot at Tawandaeng beer hall would be good.This would actually be ideal, because there is usually nobody here in the morning / daytime.

Maybe if you posted the area of Bangkok where you are, another member who is familiar with the area could provide some suggestions.

Edited by bino

Depending on where you live there is a very large car park / event area opposite Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani, next to a lake. Very rarely used with open access. Many bikers go to practice slaloms and stunts. Used a few times a year for drag races and circuit races during motor expos. Would be ideal if not too far from you.

Edited by RichardNorthcott

Legally? Only within your own property/grounds. However at your own responsibility you could choose to teach her to drive at the examination ground of the site where driving test are done. Often you can use these grounds at times that there are no exams held. Check your local "DMV"

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would suggest an outdoor carpark or an industrial estate, early in the morning at a weekend, when there is no one about.

What do locals do?

Where do they go?

Locals, like when my wife was learning and my daughter,go to driving schools. After they passed their test and had a license I taught them how to drive safely

• Like 1

Why not use what Thai use..... the public streets and highways. Select a stretch with three lanes so there is more room for errors and it is easier to drive with the car ON the white line instead of between them.

The rule here is "if you have ridden a bicycle, you can drive a pickup." Didn't you know that?wai.gif

• Like 1

What do locals do?

Where do they go?

Locals do not learn to drive, Thais do not learn to drive, do not worry your partner will never have to take a driving test on the streets, locals mostly do not bother with trivial things such as a driving license, insurance etc. If you must persist in your western ways take her or him to any parking lot, try the main airport you can drive around there for hours.

Why not use what Thai use..... the public streets and highways. Select a stretch with three lanes so there is more room for errors and it is easier to drive with the car ON the white line instead of between them.

The rule here is "if you have ridden a bicycle, you can drive a pickup." Didn't you know that?wai.gif

Is that really you I your profile picture giving your daughter "away"? Who is the lucky guy?