Coming soon Zenfone 2 .. and what a phone!

casualbiker

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta say that looks extremely impressive! Just a couple of issues I can see (comparing it to the zenfone 5), it's about 5mm wider and also a fair bit heavier with the bigger battery. The width might be an issue as it'd no longer really be comfortable to operate with one hand, whereas the zenfone 5 has turned out to be a very usable size.

• 2 weeks later...

just got the wife a zenfone 6 ( she is good with larger things) very pleased. i was going to get a zenfone 2 for myself, but have been looking at the xiaomi range they look impressive.

Edited by steve187

xiomi is an extremely impressive company to me, and their phones look top-notch for the price; if you can get them here for the retail price.

Yes and no. To much compromise on frequency's for my liking!

I am curious, what do you mean? Are you also referring to the minote and the newer models?

xiomi is an extremely impressive company to me, and their phones look top-notch for the price; if you can get them here for the retail price.

Yes and no. To much compromise on frequency's for my liking!

I am curious, what do you mean? Are you also referring to the minote and the newer models?

The frequency's that many xiaomi phones use tend to be China mobile oriented. The new Redmi 2 is a case in point.

GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 23G bands

HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 TD-SCDMA 1900 / 2100

4G bands

LTE 1800 / 2600 TD-LTE 1900 / 2300 / 2500 / 2600

(Bands 3, 7, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Note no 900 MHz 3g or 2100 MHz 4g.

They do change them to match the countries they sell in BUT the number of official countries is still small.

Is there any release date here in Thailand ?, looking mid March to buy one for my wife for her birthday, she has said she would be happy with the zenfone 5 maybe the price on the zenfone 5 will drop soon.

How does this compare to the Zenfone 5 LTE?

Looks good though.

About 300% better. As far as I'm aware the Zen 5 LTE doesn't have the LTE frequency for Thailand (band 1, 2100mhz)

So if using primarily in Thailand save ya money and get the standard Zen5 or wait for this one!

Is there any release date here in Thailand ?, looking mid March to buy one for my wife for her birthday, she has said she would be happy with the zenfone 5 maybe the price on the zenfone 5 will drop soon.

I think central online have the Zen 5 for 5290b

Yep here : http://www.central.co.th/p/สมาร์ทโฟน-asus-รุ่น-zenfone-5-สีฟ้า

Edited by casualbiker

Yes I noticed they had them for that price go a advert from them a few days ago, might just wait a month and see what happens then buy for her.

Unfortunately this is only the older and slower version with the Z2560 processor. Anyone knows if you can get the new version with the Z2580 in any of the bigger branches in Thailand?

The version with the faster processor has never been available in Thailand. It's not actually a newer version, just the version that was released in the Chinese and Taiwanese market at the same time which had a slightly better processor.

Edited by lamyai3

Release date should be 6th January. Since i need a new phone, this looks great. But...where to find in Thailand?

I just called Asus Theiland. They have no idea when ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML) will be released in Thailand. So, better stay away from Asus. They seems to be even more clueless then Samsung.

Edited by alocacoc

Some websites speak about January. Since my Samsung will die soon, i need a new device. Zenfone 5 would be ok for me. I could order it online from 5990THB. Some ideas where i could buy in a shop in Pattaya tomorrow?

• 2 weeks later...