Golf pros in Pattaya

MZurf

You got that right kiniyow. Was at a Pattaya range not long ago that will remain nameless and a fellow dropped his 6 or 7 year old son off to have a 1 hr lesson from the Thai pro. They set up 2 bays down from me. The father said he'd be back in an hour and he wouldn't have been gone for 5 minutes when the *pro* started talking and playing on his phone, for nearly an hour!. I felt really sorry for the kid, he hit a good ball for such a little guy but he definitely needed some guidance and he wasn't getting it!. To his credit, the pro moved away from our area while he was yakking on the phone. He got interested in actually teaching the kid something right about the time the father returned to pick him up and pay for the lesson. Just so wrong....

Yes. Tyrone at http://www.tprgolfacademy.com/ is the only Farang pro I know of in Pattaya at the moment, and he's very good. There's some Thai pros at other driving ranges, I've never had one-on-one help from them but I've been in the next bay when they've been giving lessons numerous times. No thanks.

Actually two western pros here. Can recommend the other one Andrew also.

Mike Mclaren at the Third road driving range

A Scot and a great instructor

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pattaya+Golf+Driving+Range/@12.9481665,100.8953,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x3102be018a67f875:0xae440712fc8f4bcd?hl=en

Also you should do a search of THaiVisa forum it can be profitable;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/400585-golf-lessons-pattaya/

Edited by n210mp

I did a search of the forum but the thread at the bottom of your post is more than four years old. Hence the new thread.

As far as Mike McLaren is concerned it is still appropriate though as He is alive, kicking and teaching in the same place but I do take your point for reason for a new thread.

Tyrone at Green trees driving range on the railway road is also teaching with the aid of the most up to date equipment

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Could anyone give a rough indication on what lessons cost?

And how one would expect to progress. For example would you notice improvement after a few hours or 10/20/100 hours.

http://www.tprgolfacademy.com/#!lessons-and-clinics/cee5

I have been taking lessons starting last month with Tyrone at TPR Golf Academy. He has his academy setup at greenway driving range on the bypass road, and spends a few days a week at Siam Waterside also. The practice facility at waterside is something! Beautiful driving range with grass, nice practice green with bunkers and chipping areas. Tyrone is a real good guy and you would definitely agree after your first lesson. Check out his website and Facebook page.

As far as hour and improvement, of course it varies on your experience, athletic abilities etc. I recently started to golf again (i'm 36) and had not really golfed since my early teens. I had spent the previous month at the driving range almost every day and got out for a couple rounds. I wanted to take lessons, to work on fundamentals to be consistent. It is a work in progress for sure, but after 12 hours of lessons and about another 10 days practicing, it is starting to pay off. It like anything if you learn the proper fundamentals like posture, body position etc it will give you the best chance to strike the ball consistently.

Any questions feel free to send me a PM or reply here.

post-158619-0-29625500-1444319847_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

How much are lessons?

There are some different packages on website, but a single lesson is 1200 baht. The trackman lessons are a little more. My 12 lessons I did last month worked mostly with fundamentals like grip, set up position, posture etc to give myself a fighting chance to strike the ball with some consistency. This month I will most likely do some trackman lessons, I am going to try and get in 10 lessons every other month when im in Thailand.

I find 30 minute session are long enough. I then practice the next two or three days. Play a round of golf, and a lesson again.

Prices seem to be more expensive than England.

Lessons must be real cheap there then. 1200 baht is like 22 gbp, or 34$ US. I have never heard of lessons cheaper then this, maybe I am wrong.

I find 30 minute session are long enough. I then practice the next two or three days. Play a round of golf, and a lesson again.

Prices seem to be more expensive than England.

Lessons must be real cheap there then. 1200 baht is like 22 gbp, or 34$ US. I have never heard of lessons cheaper then this, maybe I am wrong.

Last lessons I had in the UK were over 8 years ago and they were (at a local course and a competitive rate compared to others) £45 per lesson.

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew at TPR is very good. Patient & a nice guy to boot.

Agreed but unfortunately he is no longer with TPR. He moved full time to teach at Phoenix (don't mention it to Bartpix or the Fisher whatever on the Phoenix thread facepalm.gif ) some months ago. Shame because it is just much further to go.

However I know someone who is having lessons with Tyrone at TPR and is very happy plus I think they now have another guy as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...