12 dead in attack on Paris newspaper; France goes on alert

webfact

A new shooting ( the third) in a kasher grocery - porte de Vincennes - in eastern Paris - leaves 1 wounded

Agence France-Presse

@AFP

#BREAKING Armed man takes hostage in kosher grocery in Paris: source

Looks like an Islamist spree has started in France.

it's only THREE lunatics

Apparently the Montrouge guy knows the Kaouachi brothers, they all belong to the djihadist group "des Buttes-Chaumont"

Edited by Kitsune

A new shooting ( the third) in a kasher grocery - porte de Vincennes - in eastern Paris - leaves 1 wounded

Agence France-Presse

@AFP

The French police response thus far has exposed France as a very easy target.

Yes. The press was actually showing special with a dog moving into position by the grocery store for what appeared to be the precursor to going in the store. So much for the element of surprise if these guys are or have others monitoring television broadcast for them.

Edited by F430murci

It's the tiny minority that do the killing,a bit like the IRA ,it was all those that were on their side and agreed with them that allowed them to get away with it,it was only when the people rose up and marched against them that they were stopped,but to wait for the ordinary Muslims to do this ,well don't hold your breath

Agence France-Presse

@AFP

The French police response thus far has exposed France as a very easy target.

Yes. The press was actually showing special with a dog moving into position by the grocery store for what appeared to be the precursor to going in the store. So much for the element of surprise if these guys are or have others monitoring television broadcast for them.

One only hopes that France, Europe, UK and elsewhere start to take note of the vigilance of the US (what many on here and everywhere have expressed as over-reacting). I have a feeling there will be increased intelligence sharing and police and military training with the US and others as a result of this incident.

I wonder if they take any of these people alive if they will be prepared for enhanced interrogation, and whether attitudes might change on that as well?

I wonder if they take any of these people alive if they will be prepared for enhanced interrogation, and whether attitudes might change on that as well?

If there is a time for enhanced interrogation, the time is now. How did they get automatic weapons in France? How did they know that the cartoonists and editors would all be there? This does not seem to be like a lone wolf attack.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

If there is a time for enhanced interrogation, the time is now. How did they get automatic weapons in France? How did they know that the cartoonists and editors would all be there? This does not seem to be like a lone wolf attack.

Agreed 100%. It's probably a terror cell with other members, financing, and logistics and training supplied from somewhere. The only way to get info from religious fanatics like this is enhanced interrogation.

• Like 1

In Dammartin the Kaouachi bros said they want to "die as martyrs "

Marturs huh? So let them have it and let them die as Martyrs... to die as a Martyr requires torture .... not a bullet in the head .... so grab and torture them and make them real martyrs... unsure.png

Ok now I am waiting for everybody to jump down my throat ... passifier.gif

Wow, big surprise that the loser terrorist brothers were unemployed . . . yet they have money for automatic weapons, food, shelter and etc. The entire family and extended family should be forced to pay back any money they took from France and deported immediately. One way ticket to Syria . . . or Nigeria.

Wow, big surprise that the loser terrorist brothers were unemployed . . . yet they have money for automatic weapons, food, shelter and etc. The entire family and extended family should be forced to pay back any money they took from France and deported immediately. One way ticket to Syria . . . or Nigeria.

They are French.

Born in Paris

An assault has been initiated - and is over now - on the site of Dammartin Inside the print enterprise where the 2 Kouachi brothers held hostages.

An helicopter of civil security on site ( usually for evacuation of injured).

Assault is at the same time at the other site in Paris.

about 10 people could came out of the supermarket.

Sorry farang, I wrote my message at the same time probably.. it took me sometime, I'm watching TV at the same time...

Edited by Opl

The head of Iran's Terrorist wing says Terrorists are bad for Islam.

You couldn't make it up.

BEIRUT, Jan 9 (Reuters) - The leader of the Shi'ite Muslim group Hezbollah said on Friday that Islamist terrorists had done more harm to Islam than any cartoon or book, a reference to the attack by suspected Islamist militants on French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.

Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah said what he called "takfiri terrorist groups" had insulted Islam more than "even those who have attacked the messenger of God through books depicting the Prophet or making films depicting the Prophet or drawing cartoons of the Prophet."

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

They are French.

Born in Paris

Yes, it's amazing what the bigots dream up.

Sad, really. :(