TAT to promote 12 'Discover Thainess' routes

webfact

TAT to promote 12 'Discover Thainess' routes

BANGKOK, 8 January 2015 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has announced the launching a new tourism promotion strategy for the 12 new destinations under the ‘Discover Thainess’ campaign.

The TAT Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications Sugree Sithivanich revealed that the TAT will be launching new promotional activities for the new destinations which includes 12 new cities and 12 new tourism routes under the Discover Thainess campaign this year.

The promotional activities will span through advertisement on various media outlets such as on the television, radio, and websites.

The TAT Deputy Governor has said that the activities will be held each month to raise public awareness and encourage people to visit the 12 routes. These new destinations will represent the ‘Thainess’ concept through its products and services. Notable strategic activities include the food tasting route and the cycling route.

The TAT has encouraged the related sectors to cooperate in the creation of products that will reflect a concrete notion of Thainess and must answer to needs of the public's individual lifestyles, said the TAT Deputy Governor.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-08 footer_n.gif

I have a shop with the wrong products at the wrong prices attracting no customers.

The solution: I open a identical shop next door, dreaming it will attract new customers!!

No Thailand, time for a little soul searching.

Know it is hard for you to grasp, but the customer is not always wrong..........................coffee1.gif

• Like 2

"The TAT has encouraged the related sectors to cooperate in the creation of products that will reflect a concrete notion of Thainess and must answer to needs of the public's individual lifestyles, said the TAT Deputy Governor. " Quote

This lovely young lady has already the answer to some customers visitors individual lifestyle!i

post-218648-0-29230100-1420707721_thumb.

Thainess at its best!!

• Like 1

12 new cities? When were those built? Did I miss something?

Or are there still cities or towns in this country that have never seen any foreign tourists? Hard to believe.

Methinks, I can increasingly smell utter desperation emanating from TAT.

The "Thainess" card has been played long ago and has pretty much run its course. Think about something else, because it's all getting really stale with this obscure "Thainess".

• Like 1

I have traveled through many many large and small cities in Thailand and everywhere I go I find the same products as the rest of Thailand. Maybe if I am lucky I see a product made that I haven't seen and when I do it Is at most every shop in the area.

So what new things can TAT come up with that can't be found all over Thailand? And what, pray tell could be a service that represent thainess? A good Thai massage? Which can be found in any city.

So basically TAT is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the ignorant tourist who has never been here. Wait till they find out the scams they agreed to once they arrive

• Like 1

Discover Thainess, discover how to get robbed, stabbed, scammed, beaten to death or how to fly from the 26th floor of a condo building

Well these new hopes for Thainess have made me smile. Who has heard of Thainess out side the country ? What is so special about the way things are here.? No hope from the land of guiles

How about more quality tourists meaning no sex tourists, no alcoholics, no dirty backpackers, no more Full Moon Party. That would not work because that makes up for 99.999 % of the expats and tourists. ok never mind. bad idea

The predictably boring comment from Jungle Jim!!

Why do you care to post on a forum populated by fellow expats, who you clearly despise.

You of all persons are a disgrace to the expat-community with your never ending stereotyping!!

sorry did i hit a nerve ?

How about more quality tourists meaning no sex tourists, no alcoholics, no dirty backpackers, no more Full Moon Party. That would not work because that makes up for 99.999 % of the expats and tourists. ok never mind. bad idea

Why do you care to post on a forum populated by fellow expats, who you clearly despise.

You of all persons are a disgrace to the expat-community with your never ending stereotyping!!

I am not sure I understand these "Thainess routes", having said that THainess is something of a made up word I feel. Thainess routes I wondered may be route to take to the Thainess cities but reading further it seems they are attractions and activities so one route it is said may be a cycling route whilst another may be food tasting.

These routes could and should be good things to visit and experience if well managed but I wait with interest to see if the suggested routes look to have the types of USPs that would attract visitors from afar.

sorry did i hit a nerve ?

An interesting classification system.

I wonder where I would fall on it, I think sex is great, not only that it is essential and it is a characteristic of all living creatures over and above those that are not asexual in reproductive techniques where do I fall in the sex category?

I think alcohol is a pleasure and not an evil not taken to levels that encourage harm, where do I fall on the alcoholics category?

I am not a backpacker, I assume therefore I rate a clean in the classification of hygiene?

I don't do full moon parties, how does that fit into the classification.?

Correct, your Royal Highness, King of all Farang, Thaier Than Thai, enlightened by Thainess.

Jim Yung Un- who has no testicles, never consumes alcohol unless it mixed with the nectar of the Gods (of Thainess)

But since you are so much better than the rest of us mere mortals: pray tell...what are these "12 new ways" of discovering Thainess, for my eyes fail to read anything about it (and my brain and stomache refuse to...)

• Like 2

TAT here comes with another statement which creates controversy.

Each month and every now and then comes with funny statistics and promoting plans.

So far most of their promotional plans failed miserably.

Wonder why Govt still keeps these incompetent officials.....