Russia bans transgender people and other 'deviants' from driving

webfact

Russia Bans Transgender People And Other 'Deviants' From Driving
By Dennis Lynch

MOSCOW: -- Russia has banned transsexuals, transgenders, fetishists, exhibitionists and others with “sex disorders,” arguably including gays and lesbians, from getting driver’s licenses in an effort, the government says, to cut traffic accidents. Those Russians were singled out along with people shorter than 150 cm (4-foot-11) and amputees.

The policy came down in a decree signed by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on Dec. 29, just before the Russian government went on its New Year-Orthodox Christmas holiday. More specifically, the decree bans individuals with “gender identity disorders, disorders of sexual preference and psychological and behavioral disorders associated with sexual development and orientation,” according to Mashable .

Maria Bast, chairwoman of the Association of Russian Lawyers for Human Rights, called the legislation a “flagrant violation of human rights made by the government involving itself in the private lives of its citizens.”

Full story: http://www.ibtimes.com/russia-bans-transgender-people-other-deviants-driving-1778152

-- International Business Times 2015-01-09

I think even if you like to wear lipstick and high heels at the weekend, you have to see the funny side of this. It really is hilarious that under the current monumental economic issues facing Russia, Medvedev would have the time to push this out on Dec 29th. It made me laugh anyway and I cannot see how they have any chance of implementing this ridiculous policy.

• Like 2

Just when you think they've already taken every stupid possible racist action to tarnish the image of their country all over the civilized world, they come up with this.

Reality will always outmatch fiction.

I think it's a translation error and the real headline also explains the fall in Russian tourists visiting Pattaya .....

"Russians banned from driving (themselves) into transgender people by a deviant government"

Everyday it seems Russia is taking one more step back into barbarism.

Yeah, while they have a right to do what they please as a sovereign nation, we have the right to diss them big time.

Je suis Charlie and all that jazz!

Well put, Jingthing !

Je suis Charlie and Je suis un transsexuel Russe !

• Like 2

A quick search on Google soon found a picture of Putin in a swimwear...

But apart from the copyright issue I am sure placing it on here would have the TV server hit by a DoS attack far worse than anything the North Koreans could engineer...