Studying Buhdisim With Thai Monks For 6 Months

A few years back if memory serves correct, there was a program whereby a farang could study buddisim with thai monks for 6 months and earn some sort of certificate that would lead to a type of special visa. Does anyone out there remember such a program, or is it just my imagination. Once again thanks in advance for anyones help in this matter.

That must have been a few years ago.

the falang training at Wat Pa Nanachat to become monks have to do visa runs untill they are ordained. The wat writes an invite that gets the prospects 1 year multiple entry visa.

Once they are ordained, they get a special visa.

That must have been a few years ago.

the falang training at Wat Pa Nanachat to become monks have to do visa runs untill they are ordained. The wat writes an invite that gets the prospects 1 year multiple entry visa.

Once they are ordained, they get a special visa.

Thanks for your reply Chang. I knew that there was some sort of special visa available to those farangs who wished to study with the thai monks, I just wasn't aware that they actually had to be ordained in order to get the special visa. Do you know how long the teaching process is until someone is ready for ordination? Thanks in advance once again for your reply.

An invitation to study will get you a non-imm ED visa for the time covered by your invitation. Multi entry et ....

If you are odrained you can get your permission to stay extended and not have to leave the country every 90 days.