Eurosport Satellite Provider

edwinchester

Hi. Now that Gmmz no longer carry Eurosport does anyone know if Eurosport is carried by another Thai satellite provider?

I know Astro have it but want to avoid the annual scramble to find someone who can keep the card going if possible.

Internet here in the village is not good enough for streaming or IPTV.

Edited by edwinchester

As for Satellite DVB-S2 broadcasts,
LyngSat lists the Satellites and Package carriers for Eurosport Asia, and Astro seems to be the only viable signal. (The page still lists GMMz for now).
Wikipedia: EuroSport lists only Astro (Malaysia) Channel 814

If you own an Google androidOS or Apple iOS device, there are several IPTV packages that carry the EUROSPORT Channels.

One of my favorites is the android app SPORT INTER IPTV that provides many Free-To-Air and Subscription Only sports programming available to Thailand, with EuroSport as one of many subscription channels.

Hi thanks a lot for them reply. As I feared seems Astro may be my only option.....or maybe there may be a miracle and the internet here may suddenly improve :-)

Have you tried calling TOT and AIS to ask them if their long-range (15KM+) Wi-Fi (TOT= Wi-Net, AIS = AirNet) is available in your village? Either of these will give you fast/cheap broadband if they're available - enough for IPTV.

AirNet has this page to check service area, but it doesn't seem to be updated and is in Thai only: https://fixedbb.ais.co.th/air/

As for TOT's Wi-Net, you will have to contact their call centre, or local office..

Thanks for the reply. Yes, already had a survey for wi-net and a small wood between us and the tower blocks the signal! There is a new tower planned at the other side of the village and much closer which may be an option in the near future so here's hoping :-) Also the rumour in the local shop only yesterday is that the ridiculously decayed phone lines in the village will soon be replaced!!!!

From the link above it has dropped Thaisat coverage at 78E in favor of another bird at 138E so the normal Thai providers, who use Thaicom, would no longer have access.

CTH Stadium channels are available on PSI, as well as CTH, if that is of any help for those with antenna on Thaicom 5/6

• 2 months later...

Euro Sport on Sky Net

http://www.skynetdth.com/

Top bloke :-) Thanks very much for the link.

Sky Net, a Myanmar Satellite Service Provider operating on Apstar 7 at 76.5°E (a bird parked right next door to Thaicom 5/6 at 78.5°E).

Sky Net on Apstar 7 (LingSat entry)

Sky Net (Wikipedia entry)

Delivers SD and HD program content over a group of digitally encrypted transponder frequencies.

A 2014 ThaiVisa topic thread mentioned the service here:

Started by WorriedNoodle, 2014-01-12 11:16 -- 2 replies
The Thai vendor mentioned in the topic doesn't seem to do satellite equipment any longer (now focuses on iptv solutions)
The "Internet" has several references to SkyNet and OpenBox, SkyBox and DreamBox.
  • Like 1

Yes, thanks for the satthai link. Just called them and they can source a Skynet box and card but that it takes about 2 weeks to setup which is not too bad.

They did, however, recommend the K+ package which seems to be comparable and can be, they say, setup immediately.

I was wondering if anyone else is using this, Vinasat 1 on Lingsat?

Check Satthai. Call or visit them. Skytrain station, Thonburi or taxi to Satthai.

http://www.satthai.tv/2008/pro_smartcard.php

Got the Vietnamese K+ package from Satthai last Friday. Good service in the shop and paid upfront for the box and a years subscription to the top package. They said they would post the box after setting up the smartcard and testing to see that everything was ok. The box was delivered the following morning!

The hardest part then followed...finding somebody local to set it up as all the local shops didn't want to know about it. I guess they didn't know the numbers so it was out of their comfort zone.

Found a local guy who agreed to come out and after struggling for a couple of hours he finally hit on the signal and it was plain sailing after that. We made a couple of calls to Satthai during the setup process and they were very helpful with their advice.

Very happy with my choice so far as it provides more variety than GMMZ and has my must have channel Eurosport!!!!!

Thanks again for the Satthai link and I can thoroughly recommend them myself.