Airplane delay yesterday because of children's day any refund possible of missed flights?

Sandman77

Yesterday was children's day in don muang my wife fly to me to Chiang Mai with a delay of 3 ours also of bad weather conditions

Today I read 93 flights affected

So many people missed there connection flights must a airline replace this coasts in Thailand or not?

How can you replace the coasts of Thailand?

Very difficult to move them........me thinkswhistling.gif

Rather strangely, your name is an anagram of coasts.

I agree with you that it would be near impossible to move the coasts.

• Like 1

My plane from Undonthaini to Chiang Mai was very late they said because of Children's Day also.the word refund and Thailand in the same sentence now that's Funny

Many large stores in Thailand have a good refund policy. Perhaps you should try visiting Thailand before commenting.

• Like 1

Refund policies, such as in the EU, depend on the reason for the delay.

Basically, if the airline is to blame for a delay of more than X hours you have a right to compensation. If the delay is beyond the control of the airline there is no right to compensation.

The sole question was about compensation for missed connections. But nice to see that there are some people alive that can get a good laugh out of a simple typing mistake.

To answer the question: If the connecting flight is on a separate ticket you are not due any refund or compensation. This is the reason why travel insurance can be a good idea.

But if the connecting flight is on the same ticket the airline has and will put you on the next available flight (sometimes theirs, sometimes someone others) and will provide accommodation and/or food. On some of the airlines you will have to push for this.