savanakhet trip

hello guys tomorrow i go to mukdahan via khon kaen from chiang mai , i arrived there 6h45 am , i hear if i take tuk tuk from bus station i cant walk alone , do you know some bus go there cross the bridge ? the time please ? after i give my aplication what can do there until 3 pm ? can i pay in bath in the city ?

and for the paper for non o child passport . copy of my passport ans visa ? birth certificate of my child and copy house book but not come with me and id of gf and her house book , and proof of residence and copy of house book of the owner ? did i right ?

and one things in my small city at the siam bank i can take dollars , 10 10 + 5 +1 +1+1+1+1 30 dollars for french right , at the lao border did they take the 1 dollars ? or only 5 minimum

thank you all

You can get a bus from Mukdahan to Savannakhet. The first bus leaves at 7:30.

You might find a guest house In Savannakhet that would give a day rate for a room so you could have a bath.

You will only get a single entry non-o visa in Savannakhet unless you are the legal father of your child by way of legitimization or marriage. The documents you mentioned will get you a single entry non-o.

You do not need proof of residence.

They may not take your one dollar bills for the Lao visa. I think five is their minimum. Unless they are new they may take any of them. Best to have 1500 baht handy in case they don't.

thanks ubon , yeah i want single non o

OK i will waiting to go tomorrow at tapae gate for found some dollars yeah i want single

do you know some place for relax , i don't think they have some mall there loll , place for charging iPhone .. can i pay in thai baht ?

last time i make this by savan vegas was so much easy lol

Busses from Mukdahan bus station leave every hour, they wait at the border crossing but you may not have enough time to get a Laos visa on arrival and pass immigration before the bus continues, do not leave bags on the bus.You need one passport photo for the Laos visa and they will accept any denomination of US dollars if they are 'mint', they may refuse any notes that are marked or damaged in any way.

Transport at the Mukdahan/Savannakhet bridge is not as well established as at Nong Khai, you will have to wait about an hour for the next bus to arrive if you miss one. There are 'taxis' and minibuses touting for business at the Savannakhet side of the bridge, they can ask 3-400 baht for the short trip to the new consulate, they know that you will be short of time to get your application in before 11.00 and so they can charge what they want. Maybe a good idea to try to link up with other people headng to the consulate and share the cost.

There is a farang guy, with a shophouse outside the consulate entrance, doing photcopies of any documents that you need copied. The numbers of people at Savannakhet consulate are a fraction of those at Vientiane, it does not take long to hand in documents and passport. You need two passport photographs for the Thailand visa. They tell you to come back at 3.30 but they start to hand out the passports at 3.00 pm.

Head down to the riverside and you will find restaurants, hotels and guesthouses, Savannakhet is a very quiet town and a pleasant place to spend an hour or two while waiting for your passport. Tuk Tuks (Skylab) will be waiting outside the consulate to take you down town in the morning and back to the bridge when you have your passport back in the afternoon, again, a good idea to share with some others to keep the cost down. The bus will take you back from the Savannakhet side of the bridge to the bus station in Mukdahan for a 50 baht fee, again these buses run about every hour.

Hope this is of help to you

Thank ubonjoe! So all I need is the form and 2 passport photos?

It depends upon the size of the passport photo. I think a 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm fits the form good. The standard 2" X 2" might be a little big.

Copy of you passport photo page also. Not sure but they may also want a copy of you Lao visa/entry stamp.

That form is fine, scamming gits as usual, also download the lao visa form & fill in advance as saves wasting time & possibly missing bus.

also make sure you dollar notes for visa a in tidy condition.

Taking the bus from mukadan is absolute best way of doing it.

Once at Savanakhet bus stattion just wak out to main road turn left & keep walking straight keeping to pavement/crossing side roads& in under 10 minutes you be at the consulate which will be same side as you & on your left.

a small mall is under construction on the right as you walking to consulate but don't think anything open as yet.

Baht is fine but have plenty of 20baht notes ;-)

Other plus is DTAC sim works fine so make sure you got plenty credit & perhaps data pack for the day.

I assume you meant Savannakhet not Vientiane.

Other people have used that form at the consulate in Savannakhet without a problem.

Make sure you print the pdf on one sheet of paper, the 'notes' need to be printed onto the back of the application form, they will not accept the form and notes on two separate sheets of paper.

Thanks buckbee.

Did anyone take the bus from bangkok to mukdhan? What's the best bus/time/price etc?

Yes I did. my comments are in the Savanakhet thread, Bus is 8:30pm I think & arrives around 6:30am, price was less than 650baht but I will confirm this & post again with few more details.

link below is the lao visa form PDF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfSXpfMzB4aGltdDQ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by BuckBee

thanks for the answer i got the visa application and the note same page , do in photo shop service 4 bath

someone got the pdf of laos visa ? on your pdf it vientiane , should be fine or no ?

and ais 3g can be using there for net ??

Edited by thaiboy11

lao vis pdf in my post above yours, I expect AIS will work as DTAC does but don't expect 3G. Edge at best really.

Tour bus from BKK leaves 9:15pm but be real early so get decent seat. ticket is 633Baht, counter 37 on 3rd floor of Morchit bus terminal.

You can come back on same tour company buses, they have 7:30 & 8:00pm returns to bkk & ticket booth at Mukadan bus station.

It is really easy & using tour bus & savanakhet bus works perfect in timing really, easiest way available in my opinion & actually easier than most thai visa run services as they half hearted effort generally ....

More info is in the Savanakhet post (link below)

My comments start at post #243

don't take all advise as valid as some link to old consulate location & some made by people who never ever been ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/page-10

Lao visa & Savanakhet visa form PDF same as I used are in my post #243 in above Savanakhet link ...

Edited by BuckBee
  • Like 1