Can I force someone into psychatric hospital?

nicobangkok

So I told my girlfriend of one year that I no longer want to be in a relationship with her 3 days ago.

She did not accept it and she is going crazy right now. She did not leave home, refuse to eat, don't sleep much, threat of killing herself, drinks as soon as i stop checking on her. She tried once to lock herself in the bathroom with a knife, I stopped her right in time.

Tonight I went out to have a chat with one of my neighbor for like 20mn, at this point she was calm and she agreed to fly back to her village the next day, so I thought it was fine.

When I came back she left with my motorbike. I found her in the Soi extremely intoxicated.

My neighbors tried to help me bring her back to bed, but she refused and started to be violent.

At this point we decided to call an ambulance, at the hospital they did nothing but giving me sleeping pills and vitamins for her, with a psychologist appointment.

Back home she told me that she will do the same everyday until I agree to get back to her.

I think she needs a more serious treatment, I am scared for her and for myself.

In my home country, I know that if you think someone is a threat for himself, you can force the person to stay at the hospital against its will. Is it the same in Thailand? Who should I contact?

Also I know that she pays every month for an insurance that works for one government hospital in Bangkok only, I have no clue how that works, do insurances cover psychiatric hospitals?

I am quite desperate at this point, I would appreciate any advice..

How long has OP been living in Thailand?

It's common for girls to act this way.

Ask a friend or two to help you to kick her out, give her some cash to buy a ticket home and to lay there depressed for some days and then take a holiday of a week or two - don't leave exposed any of your possessions that can be damaged.

• Like 2

I've been here for ~18 months and I have heard many crazy chick stories from my friends, but this is beyond everything. She is not into money at all.

I already offered her ticket back home, and enough money to stay there a few months, she agreed for like 3 hours, we actually sent out most of her stuff to her mom's house. But after that she went full retard again.

FYI she is 30 and was mature and mentally stable since I met her, she was working most of the time. I did not expect such a bad ending at all.

Now I am waiting for her to wake up, I hope to get her to the next flight ASAP, if she become reasonable again.

Change locks immediately. Put signs on door (so all the neighbours can see) barring her. Move. Get away, she will do anything she can to try to keep you thru guilt. Once she knows you are gone she should smarten up.

If she doffs herself, that is her problem; you can't be held responsible.

I had one once - I found about 20 stab marks with carving knife in the bed - after we split she got into my apartment while I was away, stole all correspondence with a previous g/f - which had ended long before. She just became preoccupied with that g/f. Ended up having to pay to get rid of her.

Run, Forrest,

I'm not sure where the the OP is from but certainly not the case in the UK. Wouldn't it be open to abuse? "I think someone is crazy -keep them

In hospital against their will"

In any case I wish you both well but suspect you may end up parting with some cash to soften her blow.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Change locks immediately. Put signs on door (so all the neighbours can see) barring her. Move. Get away, she will do anything she can to try to keep you thru guilt. Once she knows you are gone she should smarten up.

I had one once - I found about 20 stab marks with carving knife in the bed - after we split she got into my apartment while I was away, stole all correspondence with a previous g/f - which had ended long before. She just became preoccupied with that g/f. Ended up having to pay to get rid of her.

Run, Forrest,

'If she doffs herself, that is her problem, you cant be held responsible'......is very true..in theory, wont stop him feeling guilty for the rest of his life though will it ? If you kept correspondence with a previous g/f in the house, I'd say it was you that was preoccupied with her tbh mate..........

Run, Forrest,

'If she doffs herself, that is her problem, you cant be held responsible'......is very true..in theory, wont stop him feeling guilty for the rest of his life though will it ? If you kept correspondence with a previous g/f in the house, I'd say it was you that was preoccupied with her tbh mate..........

No, it was just there, in the filing cabinet with all my other letters etc - never referred to - just no reason to throw it out.

She did well to find it - & I would have too.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

OP welcome to Thailand.
Get used to it. comon ploy for insecure women here.

And to be fair, there's plenty of suicides of foreigners here, many times over many years, where the Thai lady has ended the relationship.

She's just trying to guilt trip you into staying with her. One of my mates had the same, she sent him a pic of a positive pregnancy test (which was from Google images), had him threatened, barred from his favourite local Thai bar etc. If there's no reasoning with her and you fear for your safety I'd rent somewhere else and change your number. If threatening suicide and acting unreasonably got everyone what they wanted I'd be downing JD with a razor in my hand asking my boss for a pay rise...... and it didn't work last time I tried.

My deepest sympathies to the woman who invested her life and love and work in a clueless, heartless man.

If, as you are described here, you did want her out, you should have traveled with her to her mother's home, hired a translator there to tell Mom that she is to keep her daughter there for a while, hand Mom about 30,000THB and say you will send woman's belongings next week. Then, have Mom arrange women to stay there immediately while your cowardly behind runs for the hills right then.

Change door locks. If somehow Mom loses her and she returns to you, take her back yourself to Mom and give Mom another thirty.

Sorry for all your bad choices. To paraphrase a famous stage play, "When a marriage is on the rocks, the rocks are in HIS head." wai.gif

"Next, consider that this would be a good time to protect your own assets. Better start by sleeping in kevlar underpants to avoid waking up to a sense of loss and the noise of the ducks fighting over your prized possessions in the yard. " from dogmatix

dogmatix , you made me laugh to the tears as well as run forest run guys..thks a lot!

its funny because its true!

i experienced a few dramas like this myself over the years

seems the girls here have a lot of imagination and a good database of drama acting fueled by all these television series brainwashing the thai audience

broken windows, forced doors, breakage of furniture yelling shouting and outrage is common .

waiting hours at the doors without food drink or toilet break.

phone internet harrasment. vengeance on vehicles..etc

my best part was my ex condo with african footballers tenants changing frequently gf s. we had a drama fight everymonth.shouting banging at doors and so on it was my free theater entertainment..

because the same girl who was ignoring or snobing us a few weeks ago because of her new beautiful sporty black man was outcrying for help with a total loss of face.. i love it dont know why..

• Like 1

While out of the house or apartment pay off the landlord close the lease. Set up home some other place. She will latch on to another Farrang in hours and forget your name or you ever existed. Don't feel so special her mind will change like the wind. She is a parasite. Think of how you met her. She is a semi professional my friend and you are the mark. Accept it. Get on with your life and drop the Drama.

coffee1.gif By all means, watch your ASSetts. She is liable to have a crazy brother or cousin policemanfacepalm.gif

First of all ask yourself what reaction you expected from her when you delivered this matter of fact piece of news and how you might have reacted if you were in the same position as she is.

Next, consider that this would be a good time to protect your own assets. Better start by sleeping in kevlar underpants to avoid waking up to a sense of loss and the noise of the ducks fighting over your prized possessions in the yard.