urgent advice re Visa exempt stamp

OK I am in Melb, AU. Just now had my non imm O-A application rejected. Apparently the copies had to be "bound" even though they emailed and stated this was not required. Fly back to bkk Jan 25. Don't have time to resubmit by mail to Canberra. Here is my question.

I can just obtain a tourist visa in melb. However I fly back here few weeks later. What are my chances of obtaining a stamp on arrival. My passport is one year old with 9 entries. 6 via stamp and 3 by two separate tourist visas.

I have a plane ticket showing exit from bkk on Feb 14.

I fly into bkk Jan 25.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thank you Mario and ubonjoe. Will go the Stamp and re-apply for oa when back in Feb.

BTW advice to anyone doing the oa application. The medical certificate apparently has to have a STAMP on it!

This and the ...not bound....was reason my app was rejected.

You go to a notary to have them bound.

"After the 3 sets of documents have been prepared, you must then take them to a Notary Public to bind and notarized each set of documents (the documents must only be binded by the Notary Public)."

From Sydney consulate webpage by clicking retirement visa (embassy website is down) http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/thai/visa#country/a/australia

Itchintogo....you do not need to have notary to BIND docs.. The person I spoke to today from Canberra Thai consulate said . "take the docs somewhere like office works to have spiral inserted. If that turns out to work then just go to a jp to have them certified.

Having said that ...I get so much different advice from Thai that I just give up. Even current Melbourne web site states they do non imm O. But they don't.

Make sure you have the doctor for medical put stamp on it.

When I point out to io in Canberra that advice for forms did not mention "stamp"... Her reply..." The medical certificate us usually stamped "

I give up

Edited by jacksam
  • Like 1

Thank you Mario and ubonjoe. Will go the Stamp and re-apply for oa when back in Feb.

BTW advice to anyone doing the oa application. The medical certificate apparently has to have a STAMP on it!

This and the ...not bound....was reason my app was rejected.

"The medical certificate apparently has to have a STAMP on it! "

Yes, when I did my O-A years ago I got the doctors signature and then had to have the Ministry of Health stamp too (in the UAE, but I think they require government certification in any country).