Where do the lower middle class buy clothes?

wondercul

Don't know about the lower middle class....as I belong to the Upper class.........but if you try the local shops there are many bargains there.

The complex Pratunam also has a big variety of clothes with very descent prices.

Supermarkets also offer a good and reasonable priced variety of clothes.

Edited by Costas2008

The lower middle class will purchase at Robinson's and the upper working class at Big C. The one stuck in the middle will choose Tesco where you can purchase the same pair of shorts that half of Pattaya wears for 79 baht.

• Like 1

I go to the Mall in Bangkapi.....most of the stuff there is reasonable....got some good jeans the other week for 800 Baht.

If you want cheaper try the markets and bargain hard.

Thanks for your reply!

Is it hard to bargain as a white person? I think they tend to view me as rich and therefore don't want to budge on price much.

I'm from London where the middle eastern influence taught me to bargain but I found it pretty hard in Bangkok especially with the language barrier.

Edited by wondercul
  • Like 1

I go to the Mall in Bangkapi.....most of the stuff there is reasonable....got some good jeans the other week for 800 Baht.

Thanks for your reply!

Is it hard to bargain as a white person? I think they tend to view me as rich and therefore don't want to budge on price much.

I'm from London where the middle eastern influence taught me to bargain but I found it pretty hard in Bangkok especially with the language barrier.

http://youtu.be/nzY2Qcu5i2A

• Like 2

Gimme a few days ; then I will ask our maid when she will be back from her ski holidays in Courchevel.

When you asked her what salary she wants. These 10.000/month she told...she meant Baht not USD.

Hey wondercul. You have probably already figured out that this forum isn't actually a forum, it is a cult. And because you have authored a post about buying a hat, you are now a life member.

Congratulations...

clap2.gif

Ok, now just head outside your room and buy that hat.

There are many many second hand stores in Thailand with good quality clothes in good condition.

I am not poor but why pay 1,500 baht for a shirt you can get for 150 baht same quality and almost same condition.

Alot of these clothes are donated to charities in the west and sent to Cambodia. They are then resold to Thailand.

Thanks for your reply!

Just bargain with a smile and check the product thoroughly....there isn't that much difference really....you just need to shop around.

OP, I dunno about BKK but in Pattaya and much of Chonburi, every piece of unbroken fence line has been seized by hat sellers. If you shut your eyes and blasted an Uzi down any road you'd probably kill ten of the little buggers.

They display their hats hung on bits string strung between twigs and tree branches. Going rate is 50B for a baseball cap, genuine brands/labels as well. whistling.gif

If you want one of those full face brimmed type that the road workers and construction workers wear then you'll have to fork out 80B.

I'm sure you'll find the same in BKK, just get a little bit off Suk into some of the real parts of the big smoke.