Where do the lower middle class buy clothes?

wondercul

I go to the Mall in Bangkapi.....most of the stuff there is reasonable....got some good jeans the other week for 800 Baht.

If you want cheaper try the markets and bargain hard.

Thanks for your reply!

Is it hard to bargain as a white person? I think they tend to view me as rich and therefore don't want to budge on price much.

I'm from London where the middle eastern influence taught me to bargain but I found it pretty hard in Bangkok especially with the language barrier.

Could you not find a lower middle class Babe in Udon to do your bargaining for you. If you can't find a hat maybe slap some factor 50 on the shiny bit.

Anyway good luck with you other problems.

I didn't know lower middle class was even allowed on this forum.

Doesn't George cut it off somewhere around the top edge of upper middle?

I Am Sooo Pissed (British translation: Got my upper class knickers in a twist.)

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

I didn't know lower middle class was even allowed on this forum.

Doesn't George cut it off somewhere around the top edge of upper middle?

I Am Sooo Pissed (British translation: Got my upper class knickers in a twist.)

Yep, and I have sent off my letter of condemnation..........facepalm.gif .................biggrin.png

I just want to buy a hat mate.

Hey Mate.

It is nearly 3pm.

Grab a tuk-tuk and go to the train station, no more than 50 baht depending where you are. Buy your hat and watch a game of football on the big screen (or a live band). Walk back towards CentralPlaza and get a feed at any of the many food stands. Keep walking another block or so, turn right at the corner where the motorbike mechanic has his shop (half on the footpath). About 100 mtrs on the left is the Irish Clock, have a few ales. Tuk-tuk home.

I tried to buy a watch at the malls in Udon, so I know how you feel.

Phil

• Like 1

I'm still wondering if he got his hat ... if so did a bit of totty or even a yummy mummy bargain for him ..anyway what is the outcome ... where has he gone? He could at least come back and say thank you for all the advice

• Like 2

If you're in the mood to walk and take in the culture and be bumped..the weekend markets are actually cool.. some interesting t-shirt can be found.. I even found one from my old university...

light jackets are another item of interest.. quality varies..wai2.gif

• Like 1

I'm still wondering if he got his hat ... if so did a bit of totty or even a yummy mummy bargain for him ..anyway what is the outcome ... where has he gone? He could at least come back and say thank you for all the advice

A very wise sage once told me "Never help a lower-middle class Englishman buy a hat in Udon Thani"

I should have listened.

• Like 1

I want to see the photo toooooooooo............Perhaps....

post-41816-0-72516200-1421493178_thumb.j